PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU Fenridge!

eventer_mi
Oct. 19, 2009, 11:15 AM
Just wanted to post a shout-out to Fenridge for putting on such a nice event this Sunday. It's one of the nicest unrecognized we have in this area, and the whole event was well-run and a blast from start to finish. The stadium course was one of the most fun I've ever jumped, including the "Finding Nemo" boxes for the last jump! Cross country was a blast, and challenging without being overly difficult, and the weather cooperated on us after a cold, chilly start by holding off on the rain. I had a huge smile on my face as I set off for xc - there's nothing like running xc with the leaves changing colors, wearing long sleeves, with a light breeze! The winner's buckets were an especially nice touch, too.

Thank you! I will be back! Had a great time!

roki143
Oct. 19, 2009, 12:02 PM
Patricia definitely knows how to put a great show! Wasn't able to make it to this one, but I can imagine it was lovely!

tarheelmd07
Oct. 19, 2009, 12:48 PM
glad to hear the event was such a success - Patricia does know how to put on an awesome event! As much as I love my "new" barn up here in Maryland, I still miss boarding at Fenridge!

Phaxxton
Oct. 19, 2009, 01:26 PM
Patricia definitely knows how to put a great show! Wasn't able to make it to this one, but I can imagine it was lovely!

She definitely does! Plus, she's just so nice. I took my Arab to his very first dressage show at her place 6+ years ago when I still lived in NC, and it was such a nice show for my then greenie.

I hear their shows have grown quite a bit since then, and I'll definitely be back when we moved back down south. :yes:

wildlifer
Oct. 19, 2009, 02:03 PM
Agreed, we competed yesterday two and had a great time. The stadium course was tough and took down a lot of folks, but we made it through. I always like Patricia's XC because she makes so open and forward and gallopy and you have to move out to make the time. :-)

FenRidge
Oct. 20, 2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone - nice comments like this help me to recover from organizer burn out!!!

UNCeventer
Oct. 20, 2009, 09:24 AM
Yes, thank you! Hate to ask this as I know you have already done so much, but are you planning on posting results also?

horseshoe56
Oct. 20, 2009, 01:53 PM
Patricia,

Sunburst could not make it to this one but I wanted to congratulate you on such an amazing turn-out!! It is great to see local shows doing so well and you do such a wonderful job. I am sure everyone in the area truly appreciates your contribution to keeping alive the local, affordable eventing that we love so much.

I can only imagine how much work you put in for Sunday so take your well-deserved rest!!! See you soon.

The Sunburst Gang