PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Equibase

mybeau1999
Oct. 18, 2009, 09:10 PM
Hi! So I was just looking at my mare's race records on Equibase. Out of curiosity I typed my QH gelding's name into the search box for Lifetime PP Records. I did not expect anything to pop up - but there was my QH!

Are the only horses on Equibase ones who raced? Or could he be on there just because he's registered? I'm so curious now, but don't want to pay 8 dollars for an empty record.

Thanks!

DickHertz
Oct. 18, 2009, 11:19 PM
If they are registered, their name will pop up and you could pay money for an empty race record. Try a cheaper report like "last five starts", then you'll be able to see if it started and then pull lifetime pp's.

mybeau1999
Oct. 18, 2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks! The empty record is what I was afraid of. I didn't see the "last 5 starts" option though... that's on equibase??

furlong47
Oct. 19, 2009, 12:05 AM
Does your QH have a lip tattoo? I believe that just like TBs they must be tattooed before their first start. No tattoo should = no races.

mybeau1999
Oct. 19, 2009, 07:51 AM
Does your QH have a lip tattoo? I believe that just like TBs they must be tattooed before their first start. No tattoo should = no races.

Ah - I didn't even think of that! Well then, nope he didn't race. Thanks though - seeing his name in the database kind of threw me at first.