PDA

View Full Version : Harris Farms, CA & Paranoide

City Ponies
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:34 PM
I just got a mare that was bred and raised there. She's an unraced 98' dark bay named Call Me Crazy. Has had 2 TB foals, from what Google has got me to find. One by High Brite and another by Tinner's Way. Sold at 2004 Barretts for 1,800. She mighta been a blech runner and race producer but she's been a gorgeous sporthorse producer so far. Now onto her 3rd career.. hunter/jumper :)

Anyone know if the Harris people enjoy updates if I send them photos in a few weeks? Does anyone know what happen to my mare "Ciara"s sire Paranoide?

Blinkers On
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:38 PM
They might indeed like an update. They are good people

kellidahorsegirl
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:41 PM
My boss got an OTTB from a rescue in CA (where I grew up) and he was bred at Harris ranch. The rescue (TB Friends) has gotten quite a few TBs from Harris ranch over the last few years. Harris Ranch is a huge corporation/company and my guess is they don't care. (please note I have NOT contacted them myself, so this is purely speculation)

Best advice I have is to try contacting someone and inquiring around until you find someone who knows of your horse...and THEN do the updates. Its always likely that a groom or barn manager remembers the horse and would love updates.

My OTTB mare from the same rescue...her breeders only want her because her full sister won a million..they don't care about her. But my gelding (same rescue), I found his breeder and she was soooo excited and sent me baby pictures and I update her regularily. Have yet to get a hold of the breeder of my latest.

kellidahorsegirl
Oct. 18, 2009, 08:29 PM
Whoops! I realized my post sounded kinda cynical and that wasn't what I intended. Basically was just sharing my experiences with tracking down breeders...win some, lose some.
And on the other hand, they MAY care because something they've bred has done well in a whole different discipline. Thats good for business too.

You won't know if they care until you ask right? :) Worst they can do is not respond.