PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Emma Winter connections to Georgia Fair Hill stars....

RunForIt
Oct. 18, 2009, 04:04 PM
Was thinking a bit ago that Mike and Emma might've been cheering themselves a bit this weekend even as they celebrated the stellar performances of Emma's student Dr. Kim Keeton and Mike's student Mary Bess Sigman at the Fair Hill International. Kim won the 4 year old YEH eastern championship on homebred Accolade and Mary Bess left the CCI 2* awards ceremony on Guinness X proudly sporting a 7th place finish. Guinness came to owner Jenny Segal via Mike Winter...small world. Lucky England that the Winters are now in residence "over the pond"...we sure miss them in GA! But their fantastic work is still obvious!

Congrats to all! :cool:

DQ Eventer
Oct. 20, 2009, 01:32 PM
Amen to that and CHEERS to both Mike and Em!!

Jazzy Lady
Oct. 20, 2009, 02:14 PM
I love Guiness! What a cool horse he is. He was stabled in the aisle as my friend I was helping out and he's precious. Glad she got the stupid xc error sorted out and finished 7th! I didn't get to see her show jump.

RunForIt
Oct. 20, 2009, 07:13 PM
I love Guiness! What a cool horse he is. He was stabled in the aisle as my friend I was helping out and he's precious. Glad she got the stupid xc error sorted out and finished 7th! I didn't get to see her show jump.

here's the Guinney boy jumping his heart out in stadium! :cool:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/index.php?cat=21601043093718&image=15&z_Gallery_ID=1331810094492880

Trainer/rider Mary Bess Sigman and owner, Jenny Segal are more than happy with this sweet guy's effort and progress...we're all happy around here that Dr. Mike and Cathy Sigman's long time commitment to eventing in GA is bringing so much fun to Triple Creek eventing. Not quite two years ago, Mary Bess was in the hospital with a broken back...riding again wasn't the important part - walking was...now look where she is aboard her long time friend Jenny's talented and much loved horse. This is a pair to watch in the future.

Do hope you slipped Guinney a carrot or two...have heard rumors that his treats are measured by the ounce :lol: :cool:

RunForIt
Oct. 20, 2009, 11:56 PM
one more picture of Guinness X, doing what he does best...jumping XC!

http://useventing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/dsc-0206.jpg