PDA

View Full Version : Bridle Tags

Showbizz
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:26 PM
We moved, so I went from having my training/instruction business right at home and having my own facility to working out of another barn. The barn has 2 trainers already plus a few boarders and I want to make sure that my tack is well-marked. I have TONS of tack. I would like to purchase in bulk some bridle tags, but can't seem to find anyone who sells them that way. Does anyone have a good source? I'm thinking I'd go with plastic (unless anyone has bad experiences?) as I'll have to buy a lot of them, and they'd be less of an investment in plastic.

TIA!

Jaegermonster
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:29 PM
www.gotags.com

they have all sorts of tag type things, from collars to harnesses, to military dog tags, to the small round kind of tags, and on many items the pricing depends on how many you order. There is a ton of stuff on that site, and turnaround is very fast

Leather
Oct. 17, 2009, 09:01 PM
Not plastic, but I've got these round tags for my bridles and I love them.

http://www.pet-tags-online.com/

nzequestrian
May. 5, 2010, 09:37 AM
WWW.BRIDLEPLATES.COM I bought bulk from her :)

Drive NJ
May. 5, 2010, 11:03 AM
If you want to cut the price then look for pet id tags NOT horse stuff

this is one of the cheapest Ive seen and they ARE aluminum, not plastic

and you can go with funky shapes or colors

www.pettags4less.com (http://www.pettags4less.com)

ohsopersuasive
May. 10, 2010, 05:02 PM
If you're crafty; why not try Shrinky Dinks. I made a template on the computer for the size of the circles before baking, used my printer to transfer it onto the sheet. I then cut out all the circles, punch a hole with a hole punch. Wrote the names I wanted on each tag, and baked them. I ended up with my own custom 3/4" tags. You can use a silver or gold sharpie to make the tags appear metal. Buy some split o rings at the dollar or craft store.

http://www.shrinkydinks.com/

jnel
May. 11, 2010, 02:30 PM
About a year ago I got some round metal engraved tags and put them on my turnout halter, saddle, and bridle. The one on the halter is not readable any more and the one on the bridle is wearing fast. The weather and tag rubbing on the leather really did a number on them. Next time I'm going with engraved plastic. I also found that there are tons of sites that make tags in bulk very cheaply. Just look up "dog tags" like the military kind and there is usually a wide selection in sizes and types. I put my barn phone number, my cell and my name on the tags in case horse and I parted company on the trail or if he ever got out of the pasture.

kookicat
May. 11, 2010, 06:28 PM
About a year ago I got some round metal engraved tags and put them on my turnout halter, saddle, and bridle. The one on the halter is not readable any more and the one on the bridle is wearing fast. The weather and tag rubbing on the leather really did a number on them. Next time I'm going with engraved plastic. I also found that there are tons of sites that make tags in bulk very cheaply. Just look up "dog tags" like the military kind and there is usually a wide selection in sizes and types. I put my barn phone number, my cell and my name on the tags in case horse and I parted company on the trail or if he ever got out of the pasture.

I found this with my dogs' collar tags. I covered them with clear plastic stickers. They do peel off now and again, but it's cheap and easy to replace them. :)

BeeHoney
May. 11, 2010, 10:28 PM
This is such a timely thread! One of my boarders recently poached one of my pieces of tack (it actually was an accident and she returned it, but there was a moment of horror) and I'm now thinking that I obviously need to do a better job labeling stuff.

I have a side question...are there any type of tack tags that could stay on in the show ring? Yeah, I know bridle plates would be ok, but how do you label martingales, breastplates, etc.??? Bridle tags would NOT be okay in the show ring, right?

norcalammie
May. 11, 2010, 10:41 PM
Tags are a great idea but you may also want to stamp your initials or something on your tack. There are kits you can buy and then you just put you initials or whatever on the tack and tap with a hammer. Permanent marking on the tack versus a tag that can come off somewhat easily. At our barn several people use the stamp on the underside of their tack - works for most everything. Many have a normal bridle tag on it as well but the stamp is there just in case.

kookicat
May. 12, 2010, 10:10 AM
This is such a timely thread! One of my boarders recently poached one of my pieces of tack (it actually was an accident and she returned it, but there was a moment of horror) and I'm now thinking that I obviously need to do a better job labeling stuff.

I have a side question...are there any type of tack tags that could stay on in the show ring? Yeah, I know bridle plates would be ok, but how do you label martingales, breastplates, etc.??? Bridle tags would NOT be okay in the show ring, right?

I've seen the rivet on tags used on martingales and breastplates. The hunter folks seem to like them.

Lucassb
May. 12, 2010, 04:11 PM

Martingales get plates put on them just like bridles do - generally they're put on the neck strap, underneath the excess strap so that they are hidden while on the horse. We don't use breastplates anymore but those could be done the same way.

Hunter Mom
May. 12, 2010, 04:19 PM

Mine stay on my bridles always. I got small round brass tags from www.rossipettags.com and they've stayed nice for several years now. I've shown in them without concern. They offer a ton of fonts and you can even get a little emblem if you want.

wildlifer
May. 12, 2010, 04:38 PM
I just use the round paper tags for my halters and lead ropes. It's like $2 for a box of 100. If you wanted something permanent, I'd go for a plate over a hangy tag. I think it would be fine to put a plate on a martingale or breastplate.

haltertags
Jun. 26, 2010, 09:52 PM
Brass engraved bridle tags (http://www.haltertags.com/products/Engraved-Bridle-Tag.html) for only $4.95ea shipped worldwide via first class mail at less than $2.00 each, or fill a small flat rate box for about $5.00 and stuff it full. We'd be happy to help if you need it. www.haltertags.com

shakeytails
Jun. 27, 2010, 12:34 AM
Brass engraved bridle tags (http://www.haltertags.com/products/Engraved-Bridle-Tag.html) for only $4.95ea shipped worldwide via first class mail at less than $2.00 each, or fill a small flat rate box for about $5.00 and stuff it full. We'd be happy to help if you need it. www.haltertags.com (http://www.haltertags.com)

I got three halter nameplates from this dude a few weeks ago. Honestly, they're beautiful! They're thick and deeply engraved, and make nameplates from more expensive places look like cheap crap. I was quite impressed.