PDA

View Full Version : Holly Hill--who's going?

Kairoshorses
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm heading to Holly Hill next week (and ride times are up!). Who's with me? I'll be doing N on my new love, Paddy, and my lovely PC will be doing T with my trainer's daughter (before we do *our* first T in a month). I'll be working with the adult riders there, too...so stop by and say howdy!

Keep your fingers crossed for no rain!

Ms.Ciera
Oct. 17, 2009, 09:41 PM
I wish... I'll be at Pine Hill in three weeks though!

Good luck! :D

eventer12
Oct. 17, 2009, 09:54 PM
I will be there cheering on some friends! I am also crossing my fingers (and toes) for no rain!

Kairoshorses
Oct. 17, 2009, 10:09 PM
I wish... I'll be at Pine Hill in three weeks though!

Good luck! :D

Thanks! SOMEDAY I'll get to Pine Hill...but it's 12 hours from my house, and HH is only 10...it's sad that I can get to another state quicker than an event in TX!

Trak_Eventer
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:23 AM
I will be there doing Training! It will be a nice 10 hour drive from Kansas City for our last event of the season. It will be nice to get away from the colder weather we have been having up here!

purplnurpl
Oct. 18, 2009, 11:51 AM
three chears for holly hill!! it's my fav in area V.
I won't be there though. lol. all of my schooling shows have been rained out thus far so the kiddo will have to wait until next year.
next year for sure!

Dezi
Oct. 19, 2009, 10:32 AM
I will be there - BN horse, and if he goes clear I have promised him that he can start jumping bigger fences! (Sue Beard on Lynx Creek).

A later dressage time means that I can get up real early Sat am, and haul down in the morning. Which means that I will be parked at the end of the line and walking alot!!

All in the name of saving a vacation day and an extra night motel charge!

Trak_Eventer
Oct. 22, 2009, 12:46 PM
Anyone know how the footing is holding up with all the rain?

mpack
Oct. 22, 2009, 01:03 PM
I'll be there....rain gear necessary???

Kairoshorses
Oct. 22, 2009, 03:03 PM
Not unless you're arriving during the day today....

I understand it's supposed to rain today, but then clear out and be cool and beautiful all weekend.

And from what I understand, too, the footing can handle quite a bit of rain...so I'm going to guess it'll be super.

archieflies
Oct. 22, 2009, 06:51 PM
The footing in the arenas was still great in the total flooding and downpours in April. The trailer parking area, however, was another story. Bring chains and be prepared to hail the nearest tractor every time you pull in or out!