PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Sult and Hollywood

TBCollector
Oct. 17, 2009, 06:26 PM
Is any one else out there as impressed by this duo as I am?

annikak
Oct. 17, 2009, 06:37 PM
Yes...yes I am. :-). What a combination, great story, too. Certainly deserving- put in the time, miles, sweat and tears.

CookiePony
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:02 PM
I always root for them-- I have only seen them in person once, at the Hollow at Rolex 2008. It was a beautiful ride.

retreadeventer
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:22 PM
Count me in the fan club. Cool in warmup, like a pony clubber out to hack around a novice course, really great kid with a neat horse. Nice pair, with nothing to prove, that's for sure - so seeing them get around was really uplifting. It's people and horses like this give us all hope for our own goals in this sport, doesn't it?

TBCollector
Oct. 17, 2009, 09:46 PM
For a 17-year-old horse to go out and eat up those advanced courses like he does...well, that says a lot about his rider, IMO. They really are such a blast to watch because you can really see the partnership...and they always look like they're having an absolute blast.
I never saw any of the old time eventing TB's in person but Hollywood strikes me as that type of horse. You just feel for her in dressage every time because he just hates it...:lol: Even at Rolex...he was such a snit in his test, and she came out of the ring grinning because she knows him so well. And she knows that it's all about Saturday for him, anyway.

Hannahsmom
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:14 AM
I've always liked their story and am rooting for the pair as an owner of an 18 year old Bold Ruler line TB that lives for XC also.

retreadeventer
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:53 AM
TB Collector, that is a great line -- All About Saturday.
I'm going to use that for the title of my next Youtube eventing video movie! Can I?

Badger
Oct. 18, 2009, 08:54 AM
That IS a great line!

Timex
Oct. 18, 2009, 09:14 AM
And as the owner of another dressage-hatin' TB, I've got to agree, it really is All About Saturday! Lol. Good for them, and continued luck!

Kairoshorses
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:01 AM
Ok, someone: tell me their story!

Lamma70
Oct. 18, 2009, 03:54 PM
And...in light of their "difficulties" in dressage, she still finished in 3rd. You go girl!

ValleyMiss
Oct. 18, 2009, 05:37 PM
Kelly's from my area and she really has done a fantastic job with Hollywood. She's pretty much done everything with him on her own. He is a bit of a snot in dressage, I completely understand because I have a TB mare who is the same way. Dressage is that pesky thing you have to get through before you get to jump. They almost always jump clean though. You can really see the partnership and how much they both love each other. I was so glad to see them in the top 3 this weekend, she really deserves that.

TBCollector
Oct. 18, 2009, 05:42 PM
TB Collector, that is a great line -- All About Saturday.
I'm going to use that for the title of my next Youtube eventing video movie! Can I?

Only if your leading man is an OTTB gelding!