PDA

View Full Version : MDC vs Herm Sprenger - Fixed vs Flex

rlaracue
Oct. 17, 2009, 02:24 PM
I have no ankle pain issues but I am in the market for a new stirrup and I cannot decide between the MDC Ultimate Stirrup (and its no-flex counterpart) and the Herm Sprenger (Flex).

Thoughts on both?

Does anyone have concerns about the MDC locking in at specific angles? My tack store is a little leery of anything that locks.

Herm Sprenger has the offset eye version but it doesn't lock.

DARQHORSE
Oct. 18, 2009, 01:03 AM
I have the MDC ultimates and I LOVE them. I've had them for 3 years now, and I still think they are utterly fantastic. I like them on the 90* angle, but you may prefer the 45*. The locking has never been a problem for me, they stay where you set them and are easy to pop back so that you can run them up. I'm not entirely sure what your question re locking is...but I honestly, can't say enough good things about the MDCs.

ShadyLady_DQ
Oct. 18, 2009, 09:48 AM
I agree the MDCs are fabulous. I broke my pelvis a few years ago and I bought them then to combat my soreness issues. I actually ride with one at 90 and the other at 45 because that is the most comfortable for me. If you are worried about the flex part you can get them with out it, althought mine have it and they really dont flex that much (which I like). Also were you refering to the "locking" top part as a safety issue? If so read this about the safety of thier stirrups.
http://www.mdccorporation.us/products/stirrups/index.html
I have one of the sterling silver sets and I swear be them Im not comfortable in anything else.