PDA

View Full Version : Hagyard MidSouth 3Day results

LynLyn
Oct. 16, 2009, 05:07 PM
Any idea where results are posted?

SuperEventer
Oct. 16, 2009, 08:59 PM
I've been wondering too!!! I have a few friends there.

Divine Comedy
Oct. 16, 2009, 09:53 PM
Daily results is one of the very few things this show doesn't have. The show office and staff is putting an amazing amount of work into just having the footing and jumps ready for us tomorrow morning, so I have to forgive them for that detail. I can tell you the first three in the CCI* w/steeplechase and that's about it.

1st Nina Ligon and Chai Thai with 31.1 (yes, this IS FEI scoring!)
2nd Eliza Wallace and Good for Me (I think) with a 36.4
3rd Maggie Deatrick and Divine Comedy (53.1)

(Eeep! I'm in third! :D Soooo excited and could NOT believe it considering I didn't feel that my test was the greatest!)

I didn't get a chance to look at the rest of the results. By the time I rode dressage, did a touch of jump schooling, walked the course one last time, went to the competitors meeting, wrapped my horse, cleaned his stall, fed him, cleaned all my tack, and loaded up, it was 8:30pm, dark, wet, and cold. I almost didn't look at my score, but decided I just couldn't NOT know. Had to look at them using the headlights of my car.

annikak
Oct. 16, 2009, 11:13 PM
Congrats! That's fantastic!

(I was there in 2006 and thrilled for our score- such a great show. HE was great, I was not so good- but still, wow... I am "trilling" right along with ya!)

Kick on tomorrow!

FlightCheck
Oct. 17, 2009, 06:58 AM
My phone would NOT let me put scores in to update y'all... bad phone.

Got to watch some of Dorothy Crowell's steeplechase education for the T3D'ers.... she did a super job, and CAMSTOCK ROCKED when it was her turn!!!

tle
Oct. 17, 2009, 05:43 PM
Can't say much except a hot shower felt GREAT when I got home a couple hours ago!!

HeyMickey had a not great dressage, but did well today. Scores weren't posted for her division when I left.

Cammie had some problems early today but looked good on XC.

Saw LAZ and her CCI* 3-Day student looked great and I think is sitting in 5th?

From the above results I can say that Chai Thai had a stop on XC but STILL sat in 2nd at the end of the day.

And at least for me, best of all, Frankie ran FANTASTIC today!! After a not so hot dressage, today's fast and clean moved them from 22nd to 11th!

The courses looked great. Major kudos to Mary and her staff.

CookiePony
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:04 PM
Congratulations to all, especially Mary and KY Events! It sounds like it was a good day despite the cold.

Auburn
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:02 PM
My friend, Tracy Corey was in 4th, after today, with Super Nova. :D

tle,

I am sorry that we never got to meet. I did go over and finally got to meet HeyMickey. I hope that she does well tomorrow. She is a very nice young lady.

tle
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I tried to stop by a couple times but always seemed to miss you. Never even got to meet Tess. Hope things are going great for you! Stay warm! :-)

FlightCheck
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:09 PM
Auburn is TOO MODEST to post , so I will

She and Tessie are in First Place after Show Jumping!!

Auburn
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:12 PM
tle,

I am sorry that I missed seeing you. Tess had the best dressage test that we have ever had, a 27.5. :eek: I got a 9 on my halt. I have never gotten a 9 on any test, ever. :D:D We were double clear in stadium, so sit in 1st. My goal this year was to break into the 20 penalty point range. Our last event of the season, we finally did it. Whooo Hoooo!!!!

Kudos to Mary and her volunteers for dealing with the miserable weather conditions and keeping the event running on time.

allpurpose
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:36 PM
Auburn, is Tess the mare that was so sick last year?

tommygirl
Oct. 17, 2009, 09:00 PM
Terps and I are sitting in first with a 29 in dressage and a double clear in show jumping - our first novice, Yeah!

pinkdiamondracing
Oct. 17, 2009, 10:38 PM
Auburn, is Tess the mare that was so sick last year?

AP--yes Tessie is the one who was so sick last year-- I was her nurse at the hospital, and fell in love with her, and got to know Auburn over the phone--we did finally get to meet in person at Jump Start, and I was going to go see her at Mid-South, but I seem to have caught a bug, it's all I can do to do my shifts at the clinic--I hope kissing my barn pig didn't give me swine flu!!!:lol::lol:

annikak
Oct. 18, 2009, 01:45 AM
Auburn-

what a super come back for the two of you! I am so glad Ms. Tess is doing better! Congrats!

AEM74
Oct. 18, 2009, 01:00 PM
Just got word via Facebook that LAZ's student went double clear in stadium and finished 5th on their dressage score...and won best conditioned! :)

Divine Comedy
Oct. 18, 2009, 04:45 PM
I went double clear in stadium, and finished on my dressage score to finish 3rd in the CCI* LF! Three cheers for the LF!

I was also proud of myself for coming into the finish only 8 seconds under OT. I was trying to get as close as possible without going over. Optimum time was 7:41 and I came in at 7:33. Have to say, there were several rides that came in MUCH faster the optimum, including one that came in at 7:02 and two others who had stops and still had no time. One of those rides with a stop came in at 7:29.

Just thought that XC was about getting close to optimum, not using your horse up trying to get the fastest time of the day.

Anyways, beautiful course, wonderful venue, loved the long format!

Now to start the fourteen hour drive back to TX....

ddashaq
Oct. 18, 2009, 05:28 PM
Terps and I are sitting in first with a 29 in dressage and a double clear in show jumping - our first novice, Yeah!

You guys looked awesome!! I am just wondering, how is your mares name supposed to be pronounced?

riderboy
Oct. 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
Great show, freakin cold but I've been keeping my fingers crossed for Auburn all day for her XC. My big rant? The PARKING! The Horse Park has completely lost control of the parking situation. I know, I know, the WEG, but c'mon! The one ticket I saw the cop gave to some poor guy parked in an empty aisle not blockking anyone. Yikes! Otherwise it was really a good show.

CallMeGrace
Oct. 18, 2009, 06:35 PM
My daughter is still shivering from her afternoon of ring stewarding for dressage yesterday! I totally agree about the parking - it's crazy. Saw the indoor and new barns for the first time today. What a lot of work they have before next year. Wow!

tle
Oct. 18, 2009, 06:50 PM
I went double clear in stadium, and finished on my dressage score to finish 3rd in the CCI* LF! Three cheers for the LF!

I was also proud of myself for coming into the finish only 8 seconds under OT. I was trying to get as close as possible without going over. Optimum time was 7:41 and I came in at 7:33. Have to say, there were several rides that came in MUCH faster the optimum, including one that came in at 7:02 and two others who had stops and still had no time. One of those rides with a stop came in at 7:29.

Just thought that XC was about getting close to optimum, not using your horse up trying to get the fastest time of the day.

First... major congrats on your finish!! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

As for the speeds, I can only speak for one rider in the wo format who came in at 7:04. She's on a horse that's run Intermediate all year and has yet to make time. Going under optimum was a goal as the questions are slightly lower -- to see how it felt, if they could, etc. However, those kinds of situations aside, you are absolutely correct that you should be aiming for OT or SLIGHTLY under. A stop and no time faults? WOW!!

LAZ
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:18 PM

Anyways, beautiful course, wonderful venue, loved the long format!

Now to start the fourteen hour drive back to TX....

I saw you as you were getting ready to to into stadium, but didn't think it was a good time to introduce myself! Congrats on a great weekend--you guys looked great!

My kids was the 7:02 ride. I did chew on her about it--but in her defense her little mare is incredibly agile, was in a super rythmn, and she never wasted a second the entire course--all her turns were spot on, she gets away amazingly fast from a fence--Kaylie was not running her legs off. I watched her from the 10 minute box over the first loop & from the 2nd water on to the end and I thought she looked at a really good rythmn. It would have taken more out of her to have argued about the pace than to just stay in cruise. My spies said she looked great on the back of the course.

She came into the 10 minute box at 90 BPM, 62 RPM and 101.4, she left at 72/40/100. She came off D and was back to 72 BPM, resp 60 RPM after 5 minutes and was released. She was back to resting rates/temps by the time we got her boots off back at the stall... I would have prefered she come in closer to optimum, but given her stats I couldn't say too much. She jogged great last night & this morning and went double clear in s/j to end up on her dressage marks to be 5th, and be awarded best conditioned so, given this particular horse, I would say it took less out of her to not argue than it would have to make her come in slower.

I had another student & horse that was eerily similar in how quickly they could get away from a fence & shave corners, and it stood her in good stead through the **** level. Neither horse is particularly a fast galloper, just incredibly like a dirt bike!

I am SO proud of this kid--she does everything by herself. We got the mare off the track 4 years ago & she has done all the training (with the exception of a two week stay with me a few weeks ago to get her dressage out of the toliet). She's been focused and worked incredibly hard to get to this point, followed all instructions to the letter and to have her complete her first Prelim 3 day in such good fashion just helps you believe in the theory that if you want to work hard enough anything is possible!

Hey Mickey
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:24 PM
Well.
I am officially tired! Can't think straight, And finally warm!! Sorry if this makes no since!
The organizers did an Amazing Job!
Dorothy Crowell (I'm really sorry if I spelled that wrong, b/c i'm pretty sure I did) is awesome!!

Can I just say that My Little Horse is Super!!
I learned so so much doing the T3D. And Hopefully next year, if we get our act together at prelim, we can do the 1*. if not we'll be back for the T3D!

So, basically I self destructed in our Dressage test. I got way to excited about doing dressage. (He's been really amazing latley) We had a great warm up. I don't know what happened, when I went down Centerline. We scored a 55. Yes. It was that bad. I haven't been able to make myself watch the video of it yet.
So as you can guess. I was really really really mad at myself and bummed. Because it was all me. I guess it serves me right for being excited about dressage for once?

So.
Can I just say, that doing ABCD was probably one of the best expierance's of my life?
Steeplechase was freaking awesome!!
C was like a trail ride!
I think I talked to just about everyone i went past on A and C.
I didn't know what to do with myself in the Vet Box.
I've never just handed my horse off to anyone.
Can I mention that tle is great! (: She took great care of us!
We jumped around XC clear and fast. A little to fast, I couldn't get him to slow down, so there were some whoa damit moments. *sigh* But He was still really good.

We moved from 31st to 24th.
We jumped double clear in stadium. I'm not sure where we ended up exactly.
I'll post some pictures when I get them!

Divine Comedy
Oct. 19, 2009, 12:56 AM
I saw you as you were getting ready to to into stadium, but didn't think it was a good time to introduce myself! Congrats on a great weekend--you guys looked great!

My kids was the 7:02 ride. I did chew on her about it--but in her defense her little mare is incredibly agile, was in a super rythmn, and she never wasted a second the entire course--all her turns were spot on, she gets away amazingly fast from a fence--Kaylie was not running her legs off. I watched her from the 10 minute box over the first loop & from the 2nd water on to the end and I thought she looked at a really good rythmn. It would have taken more out of her to have argued about the pace than to just stay in cruise. My spies said she looked great on the back of the course.

She came into the 10 minute box at 90 BPM, 62 RPM and 101.4, she left at 72/40/100. She came off D and was back to 72 BPM, resp 60 RPM after 5 minutes and was released. She was back to resting rates/temps by the time we got her boots off back at the stall... I would have prefered she come in closer to optimum, but given her stats I couldn't say too much. She jogged great last night & this morning and went double clear in s/j to end up on her dressage marks to be 5th, and be awarded best conditioned so, given this particular horse, I would say it took less out of her to not argue than it would have to make her come in slower.

I'm glad to hear this, and now that I realize that she is also the one who won the Best Conditioned award, I feel better about this. There's just so much talk about going TOO fast on XC, and I worry when I see times that low. I obviously hadn't seen her run, but without a reference point, I just tend to be concerned. Glad to hear it is all about cutting the corners!

And you will have to introduce yourself next time! Of course, then I will turn bright red over my terrible riding for my SJ....my horse totally saved my butt a few times. It's hard because he turns into a completely different horse in the competition ring, and one that is difficult to ride at that. Super sensitive to all my aids, so when I put normal pressure on a rein, he over turns. And he decides not to bend either. Thank god he is careful in the ring or we'd have rails everywhere.

But he is only seven. Sounds like a project for this winter. :D

Congrats to your student!

tle
Oct. 19, 2009, 09:14 AM
Frankie & Susie finished 9th overall in the CCI*wo (8th USEF)! Pulled 10C in SJ yesterday is all, but most importantly earned that qualifying score for the CCI** in the spring. They're still goign to run the CiC** in FL but the pressure is off now. I'm thrilled for both of them! Never knew it was going to be so much fun being able to say "I knew Frankie when". :-)

FoxChaser
Oct. 19, 2009, 09:32 AM
She's a lovely horse, tle, and all of us who know her (and Suzie of course) are excited about their future. That mare has got springs on her feet! Great finish!!! :)

gahawkeye
Oct. 19, 2009, 09:35 AM
Back from MidSouth and like all previous reports it was cold and wet!

I want to give public thank you and shout out to Elisa Wallace. She rode my horse, Good For Me this past weekend. She started with a beautiful dressage test for 2nd place, she then piloted him around a very challenging LF* (some would say close to ** in spots) course in tough conditions, and finished off with what appeared to be effortless show jump round to win with FODS of 36.9!

She also rode her own William in the CCI* w/o SC division to 6th place. William is a little sportscar and he just zoomed around the course. A fantastic job with both horses!

Organizers did a great job under conditions -- they basically built a 'road' on the steeplechase course to cover a low/mud spot. Also, FYI the endurance riders were at KHP earlier in the week doing the competition test ride for the WEG. Their course covered lots of the same ground for the 3D roads & tracks -- needless to say much of the ground looked like a cattle yard!

secretariat
Oct. 19, 2009, 10:04 AM
Congrats LAZ!

We need to be very careful to distinguish between fast - perhaps it's an advanced horse working on timing? - and dangerous. I worry that not everyone understands the difference.

I do sometimes think, tho, that our kids (from 1 to 100 years old) don't always understand the difference between going steeplechase speed on course to make the time, or taking very efficient lines and not wasting time at fences to make the time.

A very instructive moment this year at one of the KHP shows in stadium -- everyone in a particular class (Prelim, I think) was running the legs off their horses to make a very tightly wheeled stadium time. Rails were flying everywhere because, of course, this made their horses jump flat. Then Nad Noon came in and literally cantered around the course, making efficient turns and wasting no time anywhere. He had the slowest gallop -- and the fastest time of the day.

Auburn
Oct. 19, 2009, 10:47 AM
As Pinkdiamondracing said: Tess is the mare who almost died from pneumonia in January. She spent 12 days at Rood and Riddle, under the great care of Dr. Woodie, Dr. Morrisey and especially Pinkdiamondracing. Pinkdiamondracings' emails and phone calls helped me so much, especially when the weather made it difficult for me to make the daily trip down to see Tess. It gave me great comfort knowing that Tess was in good hands.

As for yesterday, Tess finished 1st in the OBND division, on her 27.5 dressage score. :D This year has been such a roller coaster ride for us. I feel blessed to have this great partner, who takes such good care of me.

Congrats to the Organizer, Volunteers and Riders who did a super job in tough conditions. Wasn't it nice to see the sun yesterday?

Flight Check,
I hope that you had a nice trip back to sunny, WARM, Florida. Your comments during my stadium round made me laugh. There were so many standards surrounding jump 8 that I just couldn't see it. Trying the short cut was the only way that I could see making up the time that I lost.

Riderboy,

You looked awesome coming through the water complex at the end of cross country. It was good to see Greyhrs and you. How did your team end up?

HeyMickey,
I hope that you were able to get home and get rested for your exhausting week. Hopefully, the thrill of the T-3D will give you enough energy to make it through. :)

NMK,
It was great to see you! How did your 6pm cross country run go?

As to the parking situation, it was terrible. There were cars parked on both sides of the short ends of the barns, which made it difficult to get your truck through there, much less a truck and trailer. Hopefully, the parking situation will have improved before Spring Bay in April.

riderboy
Oct. 19, 2009, 11:04 AM
Auburn, way to go girl! Lot's of patience and hard work paid off. It's so nice to see someone so nice win. Congrats!

tle
Oct. 19, 2009, 12:13 PM
BTW, i think I forgot to post this before but HUGE kudos to Mary and her Crew! It's a feat just to get that many horses through a horse trial of this size... much less adding a CCI* ... then a CCI*wo... and THEN a T3DE!!! My thanks (and I'm sure many others) to Dorothy Crowell and all the clinicians from the T3DE. From what I saw, it was (once again) a VERY well received and very well worth it experience. Good job!!!

My only concern was how the icky weather actually saved a few folks when they showed up without what would normally be adequate help in the vet box. They lucked out because even the vets taking TPRs were suggesting little to no water but lots of walking -- that certainly cuts down the number of folks needed A LOT! I hope the riders who managed but only due to the oddball weather realize this. I'm afraid some of them don't/won't and that will get them in trouble the next time they run full-format.

QHEventr
Oct. 19, 2009, 12:46 PM
My boy, Code Red (Cody), just completed his very first LF at the T3D. I am SOOOOO very proud of him and his rider Fiona, who just took him on a few weeks ago a a back up ride for her other horse. Her sister had been competing him all season. They rocked the entire weekend.

Cody is 18, and a registered QH (hence my COTH name), He is only 15.1 (on a good day), and is long backed, downhill, and not built for athletic ability .However, he has always been an amazing athlete, and can JUMP anything you put in front of him. I have had him for going on 14 years, and he is my love! I got him when I was 12 and he was just turned 5 and together we ran up through prelim, qualifying for a CCI*, but we never ran one. So, to see him, 10 years later, running his first LF brought tears to my eyes....I was so proud, and was a blubbering mess watching him tackle steeplechase like the pro that he is.

He jumped clean XC, with some time, and had an uncharacteristic rail in SJ, after a very hurried warmup, but has a completion ribbon to show that he is now a LF horse....

My Code Man is a once in a lifetime horse, and not only ran through prelim with me, both of us learning together, but he has gone on to take many riders, mainly throughout area III through Novice and Training. He is loved by MANY people, and hopefully will continue to teach many more. Noone would gues he's 18, an anyone that knows him says he's 18 going on 4. Hes a character, and oh so lovable...

I am wokring to post photos of him from the weekend!

Johanna
Code Red's proud momma!

QHEventr
Oct. 19, 2009, 02:39 PM
Ok,

I've got a few of my photos up from Cody's run at the T3D....doesn't much look like he's 18....IMHO (not biased at aaaaaaaalllllll....lol)

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2639947100052322124DENOHx

Johanna

Miriam
Oct. 19, 2009, 03:40 PM
We ran the T3D, and it was a blast! Many thanks to Mary, the organizers, the volunteers, Dorothy Crowell (the clinician), and the sponsors for a great weekend!

saje
Oct. 19, 2009, 04:30 PM
All the results are up:

http://kyevents.net/shows/info/tchallenge

tommygirl
Oct. 19, 2009, 07:46 PM
You guys looked awesome!! I am just wondering, how is your mares name supposed to be pronounced?

Terp - si -core
:)

ddashaq
Oct. 19, 2009, 08:23 PM
Terp - si -core
:)

That's what i thought. She is lovely!

QHeventr-- your guy is fabulous! I would NEVER guess he was 18.:)

QHEventr
Oct. 19, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks! The very talented rider on him is Fiona, she did a phenomenal job the whole weekend! It was her first LF as well and I think she's hooked! He would never think he's 18 either!

teamwallace
Oct. 20, 2009, 09:53 AM
Big thanks to all volunteers,sponsors, and organizers of Midsouth, everyone did a great job considering the weather conditions.

Both my horses ran really well, I was 4th to go with my first horse William in the short format on a course which had some big questions and the course was good and tough---but fair. The footing felt great, eventhough my second horse,Good for Me--owned by Lela Wulf, pulled both front shoes in steeplechase!!Just a little stressfull--luckily it was so soft on C, but my crew in the Vet Box was awesome---thanks Wulf Pack! and he was able to get his spares on and did fantastic!Both horses made time and felt great.

Good for Me jumped a fantastic clean round and WON on his dressage score of 36.9!
William did just as well in a huge field of 29 and finished 6th. So proud of my boys and can't thank everyone enough!