PDA

View Full Version : "Million Dollar" Horse

maudie
Oct. 16, 2009, 04:07 PM
I just want to say that this team has some serious skills... I thought you guys would appreciate this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJd-U8w_6bw

LLDM
Oct. 16, 2009, 04:30 PM
Good Boy!!!! (and my kinda pony ;)).

SCFarm

Jupes
Oct. 16, 2009, 04:56 PM
A million dollars indeed! I could cry. Good boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

sourmilknightmares
Oct. 16, 2009, 05:01 PM
That's an intense horse!! He knows his job and he's going to do it, dang it! Ain't no one stopping him. Very nice save.

Tiffani B
Oct. 16, 2009, 05:11 PM
Amazing horse? I see an amazing rider! Wow! Three big jumps without stirrups, two without reins, three and a half without any control whatsoever! :eek:

Yep, the horse certainly is amazing as well, but I would have been off two seconds in LOL.

Going through the water you see the horse start to veer to the right. The rider has his left rein and is able to pull him back on target. Otherwise I think the horse would have run around the jump or quit. One helluva focused, determined, strong rider.

Blacktree
Oct. 16, 2009, 05:20 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Riley0522
Oct. 16, 2009, 05:35 PM
That's impressive, what an awesome horse!

Endevor
Oct. 16, 2009, 06:22 PM
Both rider AND horse are quite impressive to continue on with that sequence of fences. WOW WOW WOW.

fooler
Oct. 16, 2009, 06:38 PM
I saw a rider who knew how to stay in the middle of the horse in a 'safety seat'
I saw a horse who knew how to right himself - wonderful example of the 5th leg and knew his job to jump the next fence!

I saw a team focused on jumping the fences, the horse knew how to do it & the rider knew how to allow the horse to jump.

If you think about it. . . this is an extreme example of:
J Wofford's articles of setting the pace & letting the horse do their job, Danny Warrington's PH article about how to ride, fall and maybe not fall
Lucinda Green's (& others) comments on the 5th leg and worrying more about straightness + impulsion and less about the 'stride'.

GotSpots
Oct. 16, 2009, 08:36 PM
Or a not very well designed jump in . . . that was about a hair's breath away from being rotational.

NeverTime
Oct. 16, 2009, 08:40 PM
That pair is currently tied for 39th place in the CCI** at Fair Hill.

This video is a year old.

Mach Two
Oct. 16, 2009, 10:53 PM
That's a rider who gets in a muddle and keeps riding...and what a cool horse.

He's jumped clear in front of the saddle, gets back in the saddle at the next fence, and makes it keep happening, and by golly, is that an honest horse or what?

fooler
Oct. 16, 2009, 11:31 PM
Or a not very well designed jump in . . . that was about a hair's breath away from being rotational.

Totally agree that was a hair's breath from disaster. They were saved by the rider's position + agility + total release of the reins & the horse's remarkable ability to stay on his feet.

Glad the fence was eventually pulled

WNT
Oct. 18, 2009, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I saw that one in person and the ONLY reason that horse was able to get his feet under himself on the landing side was because it sloped away so steeply. They were very lucky at the first element. The rest is good balance and a very honest horse.

April MD
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:20 PM
This pair, and many others whose "moments" were not captured on video, exemplify the absolute committment to defying gravity that is required by BOTH horse and rider in eventing.

I am so impressed with that pony. He knew his job and was going to get it DONE come hell or high water! :yes: "As long as I am on my feet, I can still jump!"

I dream of owning such a horse!

Cherry
Feb. 11, 2014, 10:24 AM
Gee, was that a Thoroughbred??? :uhoh:

bornfreenowexpensive
Feb. 11, 2014, 10:45 AM
Gee, was that a Thoroughbred??? :uhoh:

No. He is a Dutch WB. If I remember right, it was the horse's first Intermediate. He ended up pulling him up later on the course or had more trouble later. I'm not sure what happened to him (video is from 2008). From his record--he doesn't seem to have been eventing since 2010.

Willesdon
Feb. 11, 2014, 10:53 AM
What an honest horse: his ears were pricked forward nearly the whole sequence. Good rider too.

Winding Down
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:45 PM
he was sold as a dressage horse, I believe, by a trainer here in VA. I think it was a year or two ago.

devvie
Feb. 11, 2014, 04:48 PM
And here's the training level version of the same! See about 35 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQADpTZ1kCI

dressagediosa
Feb. 14, 2014, 05:31 AM
He belongs to a student of mine, and is a PRINCE. We love him!

zpsid91
Feb. 14, 2014, 08:01 AM
Awesome horse!! Good job to the rider for staying on through that!

bornfreenowexpensive
Feb. 14, 2014, 10:21 AM

Alwsys nice to hear when a horse has landed in a good place :)

WNT
Feb. 14, 2014, 06:42 PM

I worked with him several years ago, and he is one of the most sensible and truly honest horses I've ever known.