PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for your buck-clippers

forestergirl99
Oct. 16, 2009, 10:49 AM
What reasonably priced clippers would you guys suggest for doing body clipping? I would like the to be $150 or under if possible. :) Thanks guys!!!!

vbunny
Oct. 16, 2009, 06:20 PM
Osters, hands down. If you need to do head/detail work get the medium Andis with the T4 blade.

Jumphigh83
Oct. 16, 2009, 06:29 PM
Lister Star hands down and I have used or owned them all. Fine blade. Cuts like a hot knife through butter. Owned Osters, Laube, Andis, Stewart Sunbeam, Wahl and this one beats them all for longevity and ease of use....

forestergirl99
Oct. 16, 2009, 09:27 PM
Lister Star hands down and I have used or owned them all. Fine blade. Cuts like a hot knife through butter. Owned Osters, Laube, Andis, Stewart Sunbeam, Wahl and this one beats them all for longevity and ease of use....

Can you give me some links to some that are in my price range?

HCF
Oct. 16, 2009, 10:42 PM
You can get the Lister Star on ebay for a little more than $150.

forestergirl99
Oct. 16, 2009, 11:12 PM
You can get the Lister Star on ebay for a little more than $150.

I saw that!! hahaha. The ones I found were used though, and my mom doesn't want used clippers. So the search continues.....lol.

showjump
Oct. 17, 2009, 10:41 AM
I have used the Andis clippers for over 3 years and clipped at least 20 horses a year with them. Here's a link to them from dover they are on sale in the new sale catalog http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1%2D1840&ss=andis I think they are 10.00 cheaper in the sale catalog

LD1129
Oct. 17, 2009, 11:54 AM
I have Andies they were around 200 because they can go wireless then plug in. They are nice and small (I have issues steering the chunky Oster clippers :lol:) They were more then I wanted to spend but boy were they worth it! I use them for everything since I can attach Oster blades for the body clipping and smaller blades for the detailed areas.