PDA

View Full Version : Saddle fitter in MD

cricket1978
Oct. 16, 2009, 08:59 AM
Looking for a saddle fitter in Maryland - anyone know a good one?
or suggestions for a WIDE wb with withers everything I have put on her still pinches her in the shoulder. Thanks

Fergs
Oct. 16, 2009, 09:14 AM
Annette Gavin with All English Tack is fantastic. She's a rep for Black Country and Hastilow (both of which are good candidates for a wide-backed horse), but she can also help fit a saddle you already have.

http://www.hastilowusa.com/

annettehastilowusa@frontiernet.net

swmets
Oct. 16, 2009, 04:35 PM
Gina Perilla
www.ginaperilla.com

cutemudhorse
Oct. 16, 2009, 04:44 PM
www.thesaddlefitter.com is Bill Wood from VA who goes to MD regularly.

gottagrey
Oct. 17, 2009, 09:06 AM
Where are you in Maryland - there are some good ones

Sing Mia Song
Oct. 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
Gina Perilla
www.ginaperilla.com (http://www.ginaperilla.com)

Seconding Gina.

tpup
Oct. 17, 2009, 04:38 PM
Big thumbs up for Bill Woods. Knowledgeable, takes his time, very, very good and doesn't try to sell you anything. I've used him twice and highly recommend him!

bayknight
Oct. 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
another vote for Gina!!! She is amazing and knows her stuff both for you and your horse!!

pday09
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:53 PM
"Two Time Tack," a woman named Prudence, at (301) 739-6615. She does both Black Counties, and the Smith Worthington Mystic, if you're not looking to shell out a lot of dough right now. I got a Mystic jumping saddle and a dressage saddle when I first bought my horse, she was very wide but they fit her perfectly.

Cupcake
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:10 PM
Suzie Coffee is good.
I use Carolyn August.

IslandGirl
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:52 AM
Another thumbs up for Gina Perilla!

Flash44
Oct. 18, 2009, 09:01 AM
Anyone ever use the lady from MD Saddlery? I hesitate to have a saddle fitter evaluate a horse then try to sell you something they stock...almost a conflict of interest.

breezy28
Oct. 18, 2009, 09:42 AM
it sounds like the man from virginia will measure your horse and then after you use those measurements to try saddles you like - he will take a saddle you are comfortable with and that fits your horse (for the most part) and shape it/reflock it so it does fit the shape of your horse

i too would not want to buy a saddle brand that I really didn't care for myself - yes, you need it to fit your horse but it also has to work for you and your position

spacehorse
Oct. 18, 2009, 11:39 PM
Anyone ever use the lady from MD Saddlery? I hesitate to have a saddle fitter evaluate a horse then try to sell you something they stock...almost a conflict of interest.

The tack man at MD Saddlery is Ridgely. All the women in there are very knowledgeable, but to my knowledge are not 'saddle fitters'.

I have not used him for a saddle fitting personally, but have used him for tons of repair work. I have seen him fitting saddles in the parking lot, though! :lol:

see u at x
Oct. 19, 2009, 09:22 AM
Big thumbs up for Bill Woods. Knowledgeable, takes his time, very, very good and doesn't try to sell you anything. I've used him twice and highly recommend him!

:yes: Bill is great. Highly recommend him and what tpup said is right on the money.

I used Pru from Two Time Tack before and my saddle came back fitting my horse worse than it did when I sent it out. It actually left welts on her back in the area where the edge of the panels were.

SunshineSummertime
Oct. 19, 2009, 12:08 PM
Melinda Moss, Rice Saddlery LLC 9th generation saddle fitter and travels to MD about 1X per month

NeedsAdvil
Oct. 19, 2009, 07:58 PM
Gina is great, if you can get her to show up. I've heard a few stories lately about her flaking on people. Hope they are just rumors, because she IS good.

Trakehner
Oct. 20, 2009, 07:11 AM
"Two Time Tack," a woman named Prudence, at (301) 739-6615. She does both Black Counties, and the Smith Worthington Mystic, if you're not looking to shell out a lot of dough right now. I got a Mystic jumping saddle and a dressage saddle when I first bought my horse, she was very wide but they fit her perfectly.

She ruins as many saddles as she helps...run away! She has a few real fans and a lot of people who's saddles she ruined.

FlewtheCoop
Oct. 20, 2009, 07:22 AM
I second with Suzie Coffee. 410-489-3636
She is awesome and services the Baltimore / Annapolis area. She takes her time and doesn't try to sell you anything and will work on the spot with your saddle. I've used her twice and will again!

Sparky Boy
Oct. 20, 2009, 10:22 AM
Suzie is my favorite :D

hollyhorse2000
Oct. 20, 2009, 11:38 AM
Suzy is outstanding, but very, very busy.

Bill Wood is outstanding as well, and you might have an easier time getting him booked.

I like both of these for their kindness and professionalism, but also for their independence. Neither are trying to sell you "their" saddle.

I thought Gina only did County . . .