PDA

View Full Version : ??Will Coleman Question??

GleeRider
Oct. 16, 2009, 02:23 AM
Hey guys! I know Will is an unbelievable rider and horseman, but i'd like to learn more about him. I'm interested in taking lessons/clinics and possibly applying for a working student position with Will over the winter eventing season. I'd love to hear what you guys know about his teaching style and personality in general as a person/boss. If anyone has experience working with Will, what is it like? (We all know the tough trainers that drill you 7 days a week and the trainers that just dont have enough time to focus on their students.) Any opinions about him and his training style would be great!

Thank you very much everyone!

LisaB
Oct. 16, 2009, 08:39 AM
Very nice guy and very nice rider. He lives in Somerset, VA and has a great facility.

pinkroyal
Oct. 16, 2009, 12:40 PM
Will is a hardworker with a classical approach. He probably won't be the coach that will push you to the top the fastest- he will correct all your basics to get you to the top as a winner. He runs a very international level barn- you will learn lots about training and how to run a barn. And he's one to watch so it will definitely be exciting to be part of his barn.

RiverBendPol
Oct. 16, 2009, 01:04 PM
Plus, even if he yells at you, he looks so good, it won't matter?!:winkgrin::eek::cool:

Kairoshorses
Oct. 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
I remember listening to an interview with him on the equine radio show (back when it was part of TOTD), and he was really impressive; had LOTS of lunge lessons as a kid, etc.

All I know is every friggin' picture of him, his legs are in the same place. That just seems humanly impossible. Yet he does it. So he's GOOD.

rideforthelaurels16
Oct. 16, 2009, 03:49 PM
RiverBendPol - true dat. Mmmmm :)

ldrinkwater
Oct. 16, 2009, 06:16 PM
He is located in Gordonsville, VA, not Somerset.

GleeRider
Oct. 16, 2009, 07:14 PM
Plus, even if he yells at you, he looks so good, it won't matter?!:winkgrin::eek::cool:

Hahaha you can DEFFINITELY say that again :yes:
That is certainly an upside to working with him.

LisaB
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:34 AM
I live in Gordonsville the last time I checked. Yup, still here in my old house that needs new windows.
He lives in Somerset. Next town over, right next to a cute little B&B.
Bonnie Mosser lives in Gordonsville.

GleeRider
Oct. 17, 2009, 11:22 AM
I live in Gordonsville the last time I checked. Yup, still here in my old house that needs new windows.
He lives in Somerset. Next town over, right next to a cute little B&B.
Bonnie Mosser lives in Gordonsville.

I actually do believe he lives in Gordonsville. Here is the address he has on his website for contacting him and on google earth you can see the facility.

9171 Tivoli Drive, Gordonsville, VA 22942, USA

SLR
Oct. 17, 2009, 11:34 AM
Splitting hairs. His address is Gordonsville, but looks like he's between the two. LisaB may need those new windows. Bonnie's farm is in Gordonsville, but she doesn't live there.:yes:

Revelations
Oct. 17, 2009, 12:15 PM
Will is a great guy and excellent rider. I've admired his riding since the first time I saw him.

If you get a spot with him, please do me a favor and make sure that he does not head in to the Dressage with boots still on. Last weekend was hilarious. Will trotting around, ready to go in....Wait, I still have boots on. Yes, Will, you do. I pulled his boots, watched him put in the winning test, handed his boots back and laughed. He's so funny!

GleeRider
Oct. 17, 2009, 12:51 PM
Thank you so much for the feedback! I actually saw that dressage test of his last weekend; I was a volunteer. He has such a way with horses that i really love about him! And i will certainly keep that in mind if i do get a chance to work with him :]

GleeRider
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:08 PM
Anyone else have any experiences or thoughts on him?

lionstigersbears
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:16 PM
http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=222376&highlight=coleman

Sorry can't help other than saying I think he's an amazing rider... found this doing a search of the site, maybe there are some other older threads about clinics with him? Or you could try PMing this person about more info as they seem to have experience riding with him? Good luck, the consensus seems to be that he's pretty great though! I would say try to get enough people together for a clinic or something with him if you can before trying to be a working student to get an idea if your styles mesh well.

purplnurpl
Oct. 18, 2009, 11:39 PM
Well, I hear he has a woman ladies!

Apparently in Texas.
I am going to clinic with him in Nov in Tyler with TerrysMom. I chose Will because he is quite strong with SJ and SJ is my weakness.
I'm excited.
I'm not one to clinic often--more of a private gal--but I've watched his interviews, seen his record and experience, and obviously seen pictures of him with that wonderful driving rein when he jumps. I had to jump at the chance to school with him.

Be nice if my kiddo will have a little spark left over for the CT. A quick dressage test and jumping test after the clinic seems a bit much for a 4 year old.
I really need the CT for Catagory II points though. darn. I'm more likely to do less then more with my horses. I'm a softy.
But every stinkin Schooling HT or CT I've entered with the little guy has been rained out. boogers.