PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable riding helmets for children?

Jaegermonster
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:42 PM
My sister and niece have recently moved closer to me. My sister used to ride,my niece is 5 and seems to have the horse bug as well. I recently acquired a nice safe horse for them to play with, but I need a helmet for my niece
I saw something on the board some time ago about an adjustable helmet for small children, that was adjustable enough to last for awhile but now I can't find it.
Does anyone know which one it was or where I might find it? No way is my niece getting near a horse without a helmet on.

equestprofess
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:57 PM
Several companies make adjustable helmets - Troxel has one that has a dial and I think
Charles Owen and IRH also make helmets that are slightly adjustable with drawstrings and padding etc.. However my guess is that the one you are thinking of is the Troxel with the dial as from my experience it the most adjustable.

Jaegermonster
Oct. 15, 2009, 09:07 PM
That may be it. I looked on the troxel site and didn't find it, but I will look again.
I don't want to spend a ton of $$, she is only five and not showing or anything like that, maybe leadline at a schooling show, so she doesn't need anything fancy.
But she is getting one for sure.

Mamy
Oct. 15, 2009, 09:21 PM
my 3 yr old has a IRH with the dial system.

Oct. 15, 2009, 09:23 PM
The cheapo plastic Troxel schooling helmets have a dial system in the back, too. They run around $30.

Jaegermonster
Oct. 15, 2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys.
any complaints or comments about the ones you all have?

Burbank
Oct. 15, 2009, 10:53 PM
the troxel spirit has a dial that is easy, it runs about $4O take her in to try it on as it dosent go small enough for the real little ones