PDA

View Full Version : Dog shampoo: he smells like cow you-know-what!!

TheJenners
Oct. 15, 2009, 07:07 PM
And that's cause he keeps rolling in it! :dead:

He's a Border Collie, what I would call a broken coat because it's only long on his ruff and his butt. But I can't get the cow shit smell out, and it's awful! Yesterday I bathed him twice, and I can still smell it. Ideas??

Something in a bottle please, I'm not big on making pastes or pouring vinegar on him...call me lazy.

Laurierace
Oct. 15, 2009, 07:45 PM
Well I would use Odo-ban, it has taken the stink out of everything I have ever used it on, don't know why it wouldn't work for that. You could dilute it and use it as a rinse or use it straight. It does lather a little bit.

TheJenners
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:09 PM
Sounds like underarm deodorant. Is it a soap?

Laurierace
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:14 PM
Its an all purpose deodorizer. I use it for everything from laundry to putting on the pee spots in the stalls. Also works well in the carpet cleaner. You can buy it in the cleaning section of most grocery stores as well as Walmart and Target.

Petstorejunkie
Oct. 15, 2009, 09:29 PM
be careful pouring random chemicals on your dog. read the label to make sure it's safe around animals first.

honestly, mix doggy shampoo with baking soda, make a paste and let the dog sit for 10 mintues tied in the tub. stink will be gone, and it's not as bit of a PIA as you think

JLMet
Oct. 15, 2009, 11:33 PM
After 6 years of having no clue with shampoos that take the scent out or leave a lasting scent (we have 2 naturally stinky dogs) Fresh N' Clean Baby Powder scented shampoo made by Lambert Kay is so far the ONLY stuff that has left a long lasting scent. Now for skunk and other horrendous odors we use a hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dawn liquid soap mix, but you don't want to mix stuff so the first shampoo is my best advice.

Rev
Oct. 16, 2009, 11:00 AM
Yes-cow flop, rotting pumpkin, the occasional fish carcass...BC/LabX with the ruff & buttpoms. Of *course* he's the one with the 'foul fetish'...Full bro with Smooth Lab coat stands by in dismay and horror at these antics.

Our must-have is Nature's Miracle, "Anti-Icky Poo". I've seen it at PetCo but also sometimes at HDepot or other retailers. Comes in a shampoo formula, and also as a laundry soap additive and a straight liquid stain/odor remover for multi-surface issues.

We are gallon jug liquid consumers for various anti-icky-poo needs. There are months I swear we could single-handedly support that company.

TheJenners
Oct. 16, 2009, 03:01 PM
Anti-icky-poo, that sounds like the ticket!! He got the dead fish once (barf) and now that the cows are gone and he feels safe in the field, he rolls in the cow poo. BF isn't happy that the dog he paid mega-bucks for is afraid of the cowzy-wowzies, so he is spending more and more time in town with me.