PDA

View Full Version : Sponsoring?

alteredtoday
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:41 PM
Kind of long, but I had some questions and couldn't find answers so I figured I would come to COTH.

I am a 19 year old college student still living at home, but working part time. One of my part time jobs is being a nanny for a family that has come to be like a second family to me. The husband and wife own a very successful, well known, established company. They know I ride, and their children love my gelding. We were talking one day not too long ago, and the topic of sponsoring came up.

I simply cannot afford everything to ride, keep, and show my horse myself. From the day I turned eighteen I have paid for everything for me and my horse. My "second family" as I call them, have been a godsend to me and have helped me with many unexpected expenses and I am blessed and grateful for them.

Is it legal in USEF for an ammy to be sponsored? What do sponsors typically pay for? I am a member for 2009 but I am not sure I should renew my membership for 2010. I have asked a few people on our local show curcuit but not to my surprise, no one had answers. If we were to go forward with this, how would we do so?

Thanks so much in advance :)

Alterrain
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:20 PM
Is it legal in USEF for an ammy to be sponsored?

No.

That said, if they just paid you more for your nanny-ing, and you used that money to pay for your horse/ showing, you are fine.