PDA

View Full Version : Going Rate for Indoor use in the winter?

hellerkm
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:12 PM
We do not have an indoor, and I would like to take the girls to ride indoors a few times a week this winter. Can anyone tell me what I would expect to pay per hour for indoor use in Central Pa??
Also do I just start calling farms that I know have indoors to see if they will rent out time? I would not really need the whole ring to myself they are just 2 kids on ponies I would not mind sharing with the farms lesson program or boarders, we just want to keep riding through the worst of the winter!

CGolden
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:44 PM
We charge $25 per horse to use our ring. I have paid between $25 and $35 per horse in NJ and PA.

Mamare
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:55 PM
$35 is the going rate in NoVA.

lostinAusten
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:11 PM
We charge $25 per horse in eastern PA. We do request 24 hrs. notice so if the ring is "crowded" with lessons or we're doing show prep. we can let you know if it's not convenient. Do call around, many barns don't advertise schooling ring use but many do allow it.

hellerkm
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:19 AM
We charge $25 per horse to use our ring. I have paid between $25 and $35 per horse in NJ and PA.

Thanks Corey,I wish you guys were closer we could just come there!!!

TSWJB
Oct. 15, 2009, 10:46 AM
it might be less expensive for you just to trailer in and have your kids take lessons. i know some barns charge on top of the lesson fee a trailer in fee. if its reasonable say $5 bucks more, then i would do that. if its $25 or $30 on top of the lesson price, just look somewhere else.
i take lessons and trailer in and i pay the same rate as if i were taking a lesson on one of the schoolies which is the same rate as if you boarded there and took a lesson.
i pay $40 a lesson if i buy a book of 10 for $400 upfront. and they have a time limit on when the coupons can be used. because they want you to come every week if you get the discount!
its all fair in my books! get a great lesson at a great rate!

hellerkm
Oct. 15, 2009, 11:00 AM
it might be less expensive for you just to trailer in and have your kids take lessons. i know some barns charge on top of the lesson fee a trailer in fee. if its reasonable say $5 bucks more, then i would do that. if its $25 or $30 on top of the lesson price, just look somewhere else.
i take lessons and trailer in and i pay the same rate as if i were taking a lesson on one of the schoolies which is the same rate as if you boarded there and took a lesson.
i pay $40 a lesson if i buy a book of 10 for $400 upfront. and they have a time limit on when the coupons can be used. because they want you to come every week if you get the discount!
its all fair in my books! get a great lesson at a great rate!
Another good idea!! thanks

MyGiantPony
Oct. 15, 2009, 11:30 AM
Christy Ritchie just put up an indoor and I know she'll be renting it by the hour. She's just outside Hersey, off route 39.

Her mom and I are also going to do some all adult fun shows over the winter. PMS class - chocolate is the prize. Don't spill your martini pleasure will win mini bottles, etc. It'll be fun!

Sing Mia Song
Oct. 15, 2009, 11:44 AM
Where in Central PA are you? I know a woman with a small indoor who recently shut down her business and she'd likely be happy to rent it out. She's in Gettysburg.

hellerkm
Oct. 15, 2009, 12:28 PM
Where in Central PA are you? I know a woman with a small indoor who recently shut down her business and she'd likely be happy to rent it out. She's in Gettysburg.
WE are in Berks county so a bit far from Gettysburg but thanks for the help!!!

CGolden
Oct. 15, 2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Corey,I wish you guys were closer we could just come there!!!

Hopefully we will see you soon! Can't wait to see Sarah canter!

hellerkm
Oct. 15, 2009, 01:18 PM
Hopefully we will see you soon! Can't wait to see Sarah canter!
Only 2 more weeks of my night job then life is normal again! We will be down then!

dab
Oct. 15, 2009, 03:52 PM
My BO in Chester County charges $20/horse -- I've also seen a flyer for a barn near there charging $15 --

If your daughters are going to be riding several times a week, try asking for a monthly pass -- I know a few barns that offered this for about $100/month 6-10 years ago --

I'm not aware of any other child riders who haul in to use a facility -- I think it's more common for kids to haul in for lessons --

Did the indoor survive the fire at Pink Star? I know when that was Passport Farms they used to rent indoor time --

hellerkm
Oct. 15, 2009, 04:48 PM
My BO in Chester County charges $20/horse -- I've also seen a flyer for a barn near there charging $15 --

If your daughters are going to be riding several times a week, try asking for a monthly pass -- I know a few barns that offered this for about $100/month 6-10 years ago --

I'm not aware of any other child riders who haul in to use a facility -- I think it's more common for kids to haul in for lessons --

Did the indoor survive the fire at Pink Star? I know when that was Passport Farms they used to rent indoor time --

I don't know if the indoor survived at Pink Star, Magic Hill will have theirs done soon and she Pm'ed me about using it so I think we will go there, Since I teach the girls ( unless I run them down to ride with Corey) I don't really need lessons, just a dry , out of the wind , place for them to ride when the weather is really scary!!!

LookinSouth
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not in your area, I'm in CT but ime the going rate for hauling into an indoor can vary quite a bit. Definitely call around a bit to price compare. The past few years I've hauled out in the winter regularly to school indoors and I've paid anything from 10-25.00 per horse. At the barn that charges 25.00 I was able to work out a deal where I could pay 100.00 per month and get six rides in the indoor/month. So calling around and asking about possibly paying a "monthly" rate is a great idea. I didn't end up going with that barn since I found one slightly farther for 10.00/hour and no lesson program to deal with.

squiggle
Oct. 16, 2009, 10:00 AM
I want to say the arena fee at my barn is $15? and day stall fee is $20.

I literally just saw it written out last night, you'd think I might actually retain it for more than 10 hours...:lol:

JumpItHighPie
Nov. 11, 2009, 11:34 AM
Indoor at Passport is fine. Not sure of the footing condition, etc. Might be worth a look!

Warwick Hill is $100/month for unlimited use or $350 for the winter.

Check out Von Dorhen too. They're indoor was just finished.

alteringwego
Nov. 11, 2009, 12:12 PM
I'm in NC and get charged $10-guess we're lucky