PDA

View Full Version : Finally a jumping pic I like - lol

Flying Hippotamus
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.digitalexpressionsphotography.com/Equestrian/BCHP-Starter-HTCT-Oct-11-2009/Open-Elementary-Stadium/9952427_yrzWz#679743061_L2nvF-A-LB

It was only a BN stadium fence!
I think its kinda surreal, you can't even see the fence we were jumping because is was white and there was a lot of dust. And none of his body or feet are blocked. I think it would be cool to get the digital image to play around with. I could make us jumping all kinds of things. When I looked at the prices it was between $40 and $1000. I'm not sure what kind a resolution I would need to play around. I wonder if he would bargain with me.

This one is probably better but more "normal".
http://www.digitalexpressionsphotography.com/Equestrian/BCHP-Starter-HTCT-Oct-11-2009/Open-Elementary-Stadium/9952427_yrzWz#679742488_QKkYp

I'm glad I had an old bridle tag in my truck otherwise they only gave out pinneys. That would make the picture suck.

cllane1
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:10 PM
I like them both! Great turnout too!

hey101
Oct. 15, 2009, 11:29 AM
Melanie you look great!! Wow, Viggo has blossomed into such a nice boy. Big congrats to you both :)

Flying Hippotamus
Oct. 16, 2009, 12:45 PM
Melanie you look great!! Wow, Viggo has blossomed into such a nice boy. Big congrats to you both :)

Thanks! Yeah, he's a late blossomer, lol. He's 12 this year and I am sure with just a few more years at BN, we will have it together. He is still a way fun ride.

SprinklerBandit
Oct. 16, 2009, 02:57 PM
He looks like a deer in the first shot.

A very cute, clean, well mannered deer. ;-)

hey101
Oct. 16, 2009, 04:30 PM
He is still a way fun ride.

And at the end of the day, that is what matters! That's how I approach my riding and my horse these days- it's not my livelihood, it's what I do for fun. If I'm not having fun, then something is wrong. Once I threw out the pressure of "goals" and getting to "that level" by "that date", and just started enjoying riding for the sake of riding... haven't gone to an official horse trial in months and months, but... ~shrug~. I have been having a great time these recent months trying all kinds of new stuff. From the looks of those pictures, it looks like you are too!

PS "hi" to everyone at the horse park! had dinner with Jacqui and Jane a few weeks ago when I was in town and it was so great to see them. I really need to try to borrow a horse and get up there one of the times I"m back, I still miss the BCHP on a weekly, if not daily basis! :)