PDA

View Full Version : Quietest clippers?

Parker_Rider
Oct. 14, 2009, 06:52 PM
My dad threw out/gave to goodwill my old pair of small Oster clippers. Not that they were quiet, but they worked. Now both of my horses have decided that if that loud buzzing thing comes near their ears/bridle path, THEY WILL SIMPLY DIE!!!

What are the quietest clippers out there/best clippers? There are just too many options for my poor brain to compare... I need suggestions, please!

MHM
Oct. 14, 2009, 07:28 PM
I've used the small Wahl cordless clippers with good results. They're pretty quiet, and very inexpensive. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they worked on ears, too.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=6222

To My Surprize
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:41 PM
I love the bravura by wahl;

perfecta11
Oct. 15, 2009, 02:19 PM
Andis 2-speed, I love them. I use the T-84 blade to do the body, then the regular 10 and 40 where those are needed. My horse's clip job always comes out nicer than any horse I've ever clipped with big body clippers, and they run smoothly and quiet as can be (especially compared to older Oster clippers).

tarynls
Oct. 15, 2009, 03:39 PM
I also have the Andis 2-speed and love them. Quiet & they get the job done quickly. I even body clipped a Cushing's pony with a VERY thick coat a few times with the T-84 blade and had no problem.

klmck63
Oct. 15, 2009, 04:16 PM
I just recently bought the Oster Powermax 2-Speed. I haven't actually clipped with them yet but they are quite quiet and barely vibrate and so far seem like they should be great!

Small Change
Oct. 15, 2009, 05:46 PM
Ear plugs make any clippers quieter. :)

WEBSTA
Oct. 15, 2009, 07:43 PM
Andis

SkipChange
Oct. 15, 2009, 07:51 PM
Ear plugs make any clippers quieter. :)

Ear plugs make nearly any horse much more agreeable to clipping in general! Stuff those ears and you'll keep hair from falling down in there and irritating them. My mare (who could care less about the noise) was a witch about clipping ears before I tried stuffing. Now she's perfect.

Made In Canada
Oct. 16, 2009, 06:28 AM
I have a pair of Whal Switchblades. I use them for every part including body clips. They are great! A friend of mine has a cordless pair of...can't remember the name, something "chrome" I think is the model, it's one of the bigger brand names. They are wonderful! Expensive but wonderful!

Small Change
Oct. 16, 2009, 07:59 AM
Ear plugs make nearly any horse much more agreeable to clipping in general! Stuff those ears and you'll keep hair from falling down in there and irritating them. My mare (who could care less about the noise) was a witch about clipping ears before I tried stuffing. Now she's perfect.

No kidding - I have one that tries to firmly plant his front feet in the middle of your chest if you attempt to clip him without his ears being stuffed. If you put his "bunnies" in first, you can clip him loose in the aisle. They're his fuzzy courage. :)