PDA

View Full Version : training facility in the Plains VA???

midnightride
Oct. 14, 2009, 05:51 PM
Was driving down 17 between the Plains and Warrenton and there are a bunch of XC fences in the field near Wildcat Mountain.... i know a small training track used to be there.... anyone know what is going on??

Janet
Oct. 14, 2009, 05:59 PM
Supposedly it is a new schooling facility. I heard that Arundel was involved. Don't know the details.

Revelations
Oct. 14, 2009, 07:19 PM
That is indeed at Morningside. They have just put in the fences quite recently. There is still a training track and the outdoor. Of course there is an indoor, as well. It's been there for some time. I know that they just had a grand opening of sorts.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 15, 2009, 07:14 AM
I wondered too. They are all like, perfect, pristine new jumps. They all look pretty small, but I'd go check it out if it was a schooling facility. I would love to take my ex-OTTB on that training track too!

sm1
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:18 AM
Mr. Arundel bought the property and Nina Fout has designed a small xc course, which will include two waters and a dozen or so BN-T portables. There will also be a polo field. It's a schooling facility, open to the public.

Eventer55
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:42 AM
That is indeed at Morningside. They have just put in the fences quite recently. There is still a training track and the outdoor. Of course there is an indoor, as well. It's been there for some time. I know that they just had a grand opening of sorts.

Hey, I didn't get an invite, wus up wid dat????

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 15, 2009, 06:05 PM
Is it open now, and if so, do they have a website? I want to check it out.

LexInVA
Oct. 15, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hey, I didn't get an invite, wus up wid dat????

Trying to keep out the riff-raff. :lol:

LexInVA
Oct. 15, 2009, 06:23 PM
Is it open now, and if so, do they have a website? I want to check it out.

www.ktbspa.org :p

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
www.ktbspa.org :p

Huh?

LexInVA
Oct. 17, 2009, 06:39 PM
That was an inside joke for you Miss Backstreet Boy fan.

Eventer55
Oct. 17, 2009, 06:59 PM
Trying to keep out the riff-raff. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

S4zeus
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:30 PM
Terri Turner Smith I believe is managing the facility. I tried to look for a website but came up empty handed. Also, Chad Keenum has horses there now. Not sure when the xc jumps will open, but Nina has been working hard.

LexInVA
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:32 PM
(540) 347-0995 is the phone number if you want to learn what's going on.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:15 PM
That was an inside joke for you Miss Backstreet Boy fan.

I have to say Lex, I've never even met you, but you sure know a lot about me. We always seem to miss each other at local events.

LexInVA
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:27 PM
When I'm bored, I dig deep into the bowels of COTH to see people's old old old postings. You learn A LOT about your fellow COTH-folk that way, especially on those threads where people "introduce" themselves. I have to say, I never would have guessed you were a BSB fan. Not in a bazillion years. You and I have never met so far as I recall, definitely not in a "Hey it's you!" kind of way at any rate. If I show up at an event, you're either riding or taking photos and I'm usually volunteering or talking to mah homies. Such is the life of a gangsta. :cool:

WNT
Oct. 18, 2009, 12:55 AM
The website is www.morningsidetrainingfarm.com. I went to the little shindig, but had to go to work before the course tour. I only got an invite because I had seen the jumps, wondered what was up and went to the farm to ask. The site has rates which run from $10 for the track to $40 for the XC course. I guess the water will be done next spring.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:52 AM
When I'm bored, I dig deep into the bowels of COTH to see people's old old old postings. You learn A LOT about your fellow COTH-folk that way, especially on those threads where people "introduce" themselves. I have to say, I never would have guessed you were a BSB fan. Not in a bazillion years. You and I have never met so far as I recall, definitely not in a "Hey it's you!" kind of way at any rate. If I show up at an event, you're either riding or taking photos and I'm usually volunteering or talking to mah homies. Such is the life of a gangsta. :cool:

Well, I was a fan when I was 12, but then I grew out of it. Of course, they do have a new album out, but I'm not sure I'm digging it.

Anyways, back to the course. $40 is pretty steep for a XC schooling, but maybe I'll check it out once and see how it is. I expect to pay $50 for a recognized course.

flyingchange
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:01 AM
Very cool. I pass the facility almost every day on 17 and have been wondering what it is. Really nice that it is open to the public!

I don't think $40 is bad considering all the costs on their end (insurance, cost of property, maintaining jumps, mowing/weed wacking, footing, etc).

Seems like a great place for a schooling jumper show, clinics, etc. You can see the outdoor jumping arena from 17 and their appear to be lots of colors and big, bright standards!

Can't wait to go try it out sometime.

midnightride
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:15 AM
thanks for the update!! soon as it stops raining:eek::eek::eek:nice weather here....i will go check it out!! $40 is not bad considering the drive isnt bad... Frying Pan is free but the traffic is a pain and the footing normally sucks... Kellys Ford is $20 and when i went a few years ago the fences were mostly Training- big Novice (have heard they have some little stuff now)
happy schooling everyone:D:D:D

Eventer55
Oct. 19, 2009, 03:49 PM
Maybe we could have a COTH check out ride and meet there. Someone else organize it, Ok:lol: I'll definately go.

That's of course if they deign to let in some "riff raff"

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 20, 2009, 07:04 AM
I guess I was thinking of Gordonsdale, which is $25 I think. And they have a ton of stuff.