PDA

View Full Version : tractor storage

Holly Jeanne
Oct. 14, 2009, 04:10 PM
I don't have a barn or shed in which I can store my brand new Kubota . Any suggestions for budget conscious tractor storage systems. I've thought about those metal carport things but they don't look like they'd provide much protection in the winds around here. Wouldn't mind something that would also work for my horse trailer. Thanks!

grinanride
Oct. 14, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hey Holly Jeanne!
The metal storage thingys are available in different heights / widths and can have metal extended down the sides to make 1, 2 or 3 sided sheds - they anchor in the ground, would do the trick - but double sized and with sides I would get a pole shed estimate to compare
Risa
HappyTrailsTrailers
BalancedRideTrailers

Watermark Farm
Oct. 15, 2009, 01:06 PM
A good tarp will help until you find a solution, which I suggest you do, pronto! I have a 3 year old Kioti that has been kept in a 3-sided shed, which I thought was fine. I had it serviced last week and moisture (rain that blew into said shed) had made its way down into the loader control. Had to have the hydraulic lined drained, new fluid in etc. and the loader doesn't work as well now. Mechanic said the tractor needs to be in much drier storage that I was using.

Holly Jeanne
Oct. 15, 2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks Risa and Watermark! You know, Risa, I wouldn't want my beautiful Hawk to suffer a premature demise. :lol:

Lady Counselor
Oct. 19, 2009, 09:58 AM
We had the metal carport installed and added sides to it. My husband built a sill to mount it on for added height. We sank posts and ran a 2x6 across the top. This allowed the carport to be bolted right to that. It's been up 3 seasons or longer now and has done a great job, no issues with wind at all. Around here they started around $1,000, but that will vary depending upon what part of the country you are in. We covered the sides ourselves with leftover steel siding from our barn. We used the clear roof panel material in a couple of spots for light.
All in all, it made a very nice equipment shed for reasonable money.