PDA

View Full Version : Pony Hunter division in Canada

woweezowee
Oct. 14, 2009, 02:18 PM
What are the guidelines/division details of the "top" Pony Hunter divisions in Canada. Is it hack, model, 3 jumping like USEF? Or is the model omitted? I think I remember reading somewhere that Larges or Green larges jump 2'9"? Is there one Canandian association like USEF or is it regional?

George01
Oct. 14, 2009, 02:21 PM
For the regular divisions (small, medium and large), they run 3 over fences and a hack only. No model. Smalls jump 2'3", mediums jump 2'6" and larges jump 2'9". Green division runs smalls, mediums and larges all on one card at the same heights as above.

The childrens pony division runs smalls mediums and larges all on one card but at heights 3 inches smaller than those listed above.

woweezowee
Oct. 14, 2009, 02:23 PM
Thank you!!

klmck63
Oct. 14, 2009, 02:37 PM
There is one Canadian association, Equine Canada, but depending on where you are and what the level of show is, the rules might be only loosely based off of the EC rules.

EC has Gold, Silver, Bronze and Discovery Level shows that they govern. Which would be roughly AA, B, C, and schooling show level (aka show clothes not mandatory). Most people still refer to shows with the American system, however.

In my experience, though, what was said above is generally how it goes in regards to ponies!

Fastjofast
Oct. 14, 2009, 02:54 PM
Here's a link to a prize list for an Ontario Gold show (AA)

http://www.equiman.com/documents/2009_Autumn_Prizebook.pdf