PDA

View Full Version : Tiny got a 9

KateWooten
Oct. 14, 2009, 12:36 PM
in her dressage :)

Just wanted to share.

We then learnt how to have our first ever stops, having been double clear every time out. Ever. So we retired on the grounds of 'Total Rider Incompetence'. Ho hum, live and learn, hey ?

I was so depressed I bought a new saddle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sudi's Girl
Oct. 14, 2009, 01:38 PM
Way to goo!!!! :) That's awesome! :)

Kairoshorses
Oct. 14, 2009, 01:44 PM
I love your attitude. Congrats on the 9 and the saddle!!

RiverBendPol
Oct. 14, 2009, 01:44 PM
What an EXCELLENT day! Good for you, Kate. I love that. Good, good going.
Do they put "TRI" on the scoreboard yet? I like it.

cindylouwho
Oct. 14, 2009, 01:55 PM
The Tiny Pony is very CUTE! Congrats on the 9!!

KateWooten
Oct. 14, 2009, 03:10 PM
They should do that ! 'TRI' ..... to go along with E, TE, ... RF, DR .... hmmm, I guess it should be TIR then (I'm assuming DR stands for Drunk Rider, no ?) :lol:

scubed
Oct. 14, 2009, 03:14 PM
That's great. On what move was the 9? Did you get a new dressage saddle or a new jumping saddle. If the latter, will the saddle overcome TRI?

KateWooten
Oct. 14, 2009, 03:39 PM
I'm hoping that even if the new saddle doesn't overcome the TRI, at least it will give me NME* to fall back on when the TRI kicks in.

I've been getting away with riding her in a jumping saddle that kinda fits ok. Of course, she's teeny tiny, and although I'm not big, I'm big on her, so with that combination, we should be riding in a saddle that really really fits wellm no question. It's a PITA because I actually embark on my 6 month saddle-fit apprenticeship very, very soon, and I wanted to wait til I had a clue before buying yet another saddle, but I'm so down on the one I currently have that I just don't think I can wait til January. I've gone down a little in seat size, and if that works, I'll try going down again ... I did ride another little pony last week in it's own teeny-tiny rider's 14 1/2 saddle, and didn't feel that insecure, but I don't think that would actually be a Good Idea XC !

On the plus side - I do now have a lady here locally who will help me either fit it, or say 'Hell no, stick it back on ebay' :no: **

*NME - No More Excuses

**which is the story of my life for the past year

KateWooten
Oct. 14, 2009, 03:48 PM
*** it was only in the free walk - but ... that is exactly what my luffly trainer has been working me on - (re)start at the bottom, get the basics really really good this time around. We had time to get as far as continuing the happy, relaxed, swinging back right into the trot transition before this weekend and figured we wouldn't mess with canter just yet, it was enough that she get her leads right. And she did ! Yay ! 8s on all the trots, 7s on canter transitions, 6s on canter itself and one blown downward transition for a 5. It was pretty consistent (for me !)

CookiePony
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:22 PM
Congratulations! Yay TinyPony!

Is your saddle person Amanda Smith? I have used her and liked her.

KateWooten
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:45 PM
Yes - Amanda trained with Mike in SC, the same course I just got accepted onto. yay !

Ruperman
Oct. 15, 2009, 10:50 AM
Congrats!!! on the 9 and the program. I love Mike! :)

KateWooten
Oct. 15, 2009, 11:30 AM
I love Mike too ... let's have an "I love Mike Scott" group hug :)

cutemudhorse
Oct. 16, 2009, 03:05 PM
Hey, that's super that you got a 9 on the free walk!!! Your other scores sound great too!! Good for you!

Congrats on the saddle, but, hey, a NINE? Fantastic!!

And, well, the stops happen. . . but you got a NINE! :yes::)

KateWooten
Oct. 16, 2009, 07:52 PM
I think I love you, cuteMudHorse :)

(And ... are you living in my back yard? only I do have someone matching that exact same description, out there, right now, yommelling her way through the inside of a round bale)

asterix
Oct. 16, 2009, 11:26 PM
Somehow I missed the Tiny Project Pony, but under no circumstances should you sell any animal that is
a) that cute and
b) can get a 9 on ANY movement.
:D