PDA

View Full Version : CROSS POST - Major Tack Repair Needed - St. Louis Area

SmallHerd
Oct. 14, 2009, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know of a good tack repair person/place in the St. Louis area? I have a saddle that needs serious leather work on the seat. Will have to replace the top leather. Anyway, I know The Tack Room used to do it, but Don closed up shop a few years ago. Golden Horseshoe suggested I send the saddle to a guy in Chicago. Any other suggestions?

Donkaloosa
Oct. 14, 2009, 03:36 PM
I don't know how good they are having never had any repairs done, but you could check with Charlie's Farm and Home out in Wentzville --- I know I've seen a sign there about tack repair.

BramblewoodAcres
Oct. 14, 2009, 04:33 PM
Bumping this because I too am looking for a saddler in the St. Louis area. I seriously need a reflock!

KSevnter
Oct. 14, 2009, 06:26 PM
I know it isn't St. Louis but what about sending it to Corky Corcoran in KC? I have no clue if he is still doing leather work or if he has retired since I no longer live in the area, he does an excellent job.

CORKS STITCHIN HORSE LIMITED
20285 METCALF AVENUE
BUCYRUS, KS 66013
(913) 897-3092

dona
Oct. 15, 2009, 03:58 PM
There's also an old guy in Sullivan MO that does pretty decent work. Sounds like we could use some leather crafters in the area!

Mac123
Oct. 15, 2009, 06:01 PM
I need some saddle repairs done as well and would love to find a good place...I wish there was someone more convenient than Chicago or KC!

Does anyone know where to get zippers in tall boots replaced here? I don't want to take it to a normal shoe cobbler, would prefer someone with experience.