PDA

View Full Version : YEH Champ - UPDATE - pics up see last post

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 14, 2009, 06:57 AM
Looks like conformation and dressage on Thurs and jumping on Fri so if anyone was planning to go watch, you might have to go 2 days ( which sucks). Times are still not up for tomorrow or Fri yet

TrakEventer
Oct. 14, 2009, 07:31 AM
It would be nice if the organizer would share this information with competitors. I have not received any info regarding the change beyond an email sent 10 days ago listing that as a possibility. Ride times would also be helpful. C'est la vie!

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:52 AM
Does any one know where we should park tomorrow for those of us shipping in??? Or where dressage will be? I'm going to try and get over there this afternoon to hand over my paper work and $$ since I have a sneaky suspicion that the secretary will be no where near where I will end up parking.

NOT at all happy with the weather forecast (looks like we will get soaked both days)....or that I now need to braid two days in a row! The big boy better behave;)

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:05 PM
I emailed Mary to see where the whole thing is going to be since I no longer even know. I hope the sec will at least have packets somewhere near. If any of you find out can you post to let the rest of us know?

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:37 PM
I emailed Mary to see where the whole thing is going to be since I no longer even know. I hope the sec will at least have packets somewhere near. If any of you find out can you post to let the rest of us know?

I'm planning to swing by early tomorrow and find out before I bring my horse over. I'll post (if I can from my iPhone). One advantage of only living 20/30 minutes away.

pharmgirl
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:45 PM
Looks like ride times are up:
http://fairhillinternational.com/RiderTimes.htm

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:22 PM
bfne
if you can't post, could you leave me a message on my home phone ? I have a 1.45 hr drive, so will have to leave here 11.30 or so 410 226 5749
haven't heard from mary yet

THX!

silver pine
Oct. 15, 2009, 11:13 AM
Anyone have and YEH 4 y/o info?? Particularly interested in the horse Steffi Bear is riding. Info would be greatly appreciated. Fingers crossed for a good ride!!

EventingChase
Oct. 15, 2009, 12:30 PM
I bet there were some wild babies in the cold and the wet this morning!

RunForIt
Oct. 15, 2009, 06:36 PM
It would be nice if the organizer would share this information with competitors. I have not received any info regarding the change beyond an email sent 10 days ago listing that as a possibility. Ride times would also be helpful. C'est la vie!

I'm emailing Emily to find out how y'all did - but would LOVE to hear firsthand!!!!!! :cool:

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 15, 2009, 07:01 PM
Ir was very cold, very wet, and windy. I rode near the end of the 5 yr olds ( between Kim Severson and leslie Law - how humbling!) and all the 5 yr olds I saw were remarkably well behaved. the ring was grass ( well, mud) and held up pretty well, although very difficult for me to get good canter lengthenings on the circle with the conditions. Not sure if my mare had a relaxed back - I know I was cold and tight, but am very pleased with the test all in all. Didn't see anyone's test except Kim's, and it was very nice.
There were some very nice horses there.
Jumping is tomorrow and the course looks like fun - 5 stadium jumps, then a rolltop, biggish log, bench ( prelim sized), log vertical, trakener, oxer, doghouse 4 strides from a biggish drop over a placing log into the water , then a prelim sized rolltop.

Also, got stuck, had to be pulled out with tractor, forgot studs, had to borrow a set ( though ring was going to be sand), forgot test once and kind looked around and trotted REALLY slowly until it came to me and had all the wet leather form the halter colr my mare's face brown ( and she is almost white), so looked like a filthy horse.

RunForIt
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:09 PM
Nice to hear how you fared, Elizabeth! Any idea where we might find results? :cool:

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 15, 2009, 09:27 PM
check out Fair Hill's website and look under YEH results

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 16, 2009, 05:56 AM
bfne
if you can't post, could you leave me a message on my home phone ?
THX!

Sorry....I didn't get this message and couldn't log on yesterday. Parking today should be over where you park for the HT....so hopefully no one gets stuck. Will be cold cold cold but hopefully the rain will hold off.

Scores are all really close....jumping will determine everything. Hope everyone has a good experience.

My guy was wonderful....it was a great experinece for them I believe.

EventingChase
Oct. 16, 2009, 11:52 AM
I just heard from TrakEventer that she and Hope Thomas' Accolade won the four year old YEH division by four points!

Congrats to Kim, Hope and "Bear!" This is a fantastic young stallion who will make a great event horse :)

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 16, 2009, 04:25 PM
Congrats to BFNE and Muggle who finished 4th in the 5 y old division He looked great!

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 16, 2009, 05:06 PM
Congrats to BFNE and Muggle who finished 4th in the 5 y old division He looked great!

LOL...thanks! I was very pleased with him especially since he's been out of commission for two months and only had a couple of weeks of being back in work before coming (that was his 4th time jumping since July...good thing he has scope!). He's really starting to grow up....and going to be a LOT of fun next year. Ryan did a great job catch riding on him.

I'm still COLD...I'm afraid that the weather isn't going to be very nice tomorrow!

How did your pretty girl do? My friend saw her and thought she was lovely but I didn't get a chance to see her go (trying to get out of the weather!).

I thought it was a great experience (apart from the weather)....love being able to get them in that atmosphere early on! And all the horses looked lovely and were well behaved.

RunForIt
Oct. 16, 2009, 05:39 PM
I just heard from TrakEventer that she and Hope Thomas' Accolade won the four year old YEH division by four points!

Congrats to Kim, Hope and "Bear!" This is a fantastic young stallion who will make a great event horse :)

Lots of happy dances going on in GEORGIA!!!!! Hurray for Coyote Creek's Accolade...a homebred, home trained, and VERY much, home LOVED!!!!

:D :cool: :D :cool: !!!!!!!!

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 16, 2009, 06:25 PM
She went very well - however, you can really tell that an ammie was riding! She was having a little trouble pushing out of the mud and I didn't really have enough leg so although she had a safe, easy round, it was by no means 4 * material. But I know she was not what they are looking for coming in, so that's ok. She packed my sorry, frozen, muddy a** around with her ears up and tackled the prelim fences with no questions asked.
She might not be a 4* horse, but she's a true ammie horse, and it was cool just to be in the Championships with a horse, I bred, trained all by myself and rode ( even if it was badly!).

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 16, 2009, 06:36 PM
She went very well - however, you can really tell that an ammie was riding! She was having a little trouble pushing out of the mud and I didn't really have enough leg so although she had a safe, easy round, it was by no means 4 * material. But I know she was not what they are looking for coming in, so that's ok. She packed my sorry, frozen, muddy a** around with her ears up and tackled the prelim fences with no questions asked.
She might not be a 4* horse, but she's a true ammie horse, and it was cool just to be in the Championships with a horse, I bred, trained all by myself and rode ( even if it was badly!).

My friend (whose ridden at the *** level) really liked her a lot and said she looked like a really nice horse. It was pretty tough conditions!

RunForIt
Oct. 16, 2009, 07:02 PM
BFNE, as you know, Elizabeth breeds and starts, nice horses...take a look at Slate River!

And, Elizabeth, nice, well-tempered, talented young horses with a real "work ethic" willing to pack around an ammie (though you are a talented one) are to be treasured. :cool: JMHO (tho somewhat prejudiced, I must admit :D )

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 16, 2009, 07:17 PM
BFNE, as you know, Elizabeth breeds and starts, nice horses...take a look at Slate River!

Oh yes. I met her and her lovely mare at a YEH class this summer. I rode my boy at that one. It's fun to have some really fantastic young horses in this area...and watch them all grow up together....and good horse people bringing them along.

I wish the weather had been better....there were so many nice young horses but with the crappy weather...not much spectating (even by the competitors!)

retreadeventer
Oct. 16, 2009, 08:17 PM
The quality of these horses was just outstanding. What a success this new YEH program is - the presentation, on the whole, of the horses I saw in both warmup and the ring -- very impressive and if they are the horses we will see eventually in the three star, four star competitions and beyond - then Americans will be well mounted.

GreyDun
Oct. 16, 2009, 09:19 PM
Ask and ye shall receive...photos! Try not to drool all over your keyboards at all the gorgeous babies :)

http://useventing.com/blog/?p=6294

RunForIt
Oct. 16, 2009, 09:31 PM
Ask and ye shall receive...photos! Try not to drool all over your keyboards at all the gorgeous babies :)

warm up happily, dear Em...you are WONDERFUL to get these pictures up tonight ...so nice to see all these lovely US bred, HAPPY baby eventers!!!!:cool:

Elizabeth, that gray mare is GORGEOUS!!! Breeding?

GreyDun
Oct. 16, 2009, 09:39 PM
Finally warmed up! Supposed to be soggy for rest of the weekend though...and cold! :(

Forgot to add this if anyone's interested - it's the PDF (large file, by the way) of the YEH program...has all the breeding info, etc.

http://useventing.com/resources/files/docs/2009_YEH_Program.pdf

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 16, 2009, 09:46 PM

YEAH!!!! Thanks GREYDUN..love the pics! LOL...love my boy Muggle giving easy clearance to those fences! I don't know who had more fun out there jumping and galloping....Muggle or Ryan:D Thanks for putting up with the weather to cover the YEHs....and try and stay warm tomorrow!

GotSpots
Oct. 16, 2009, 09:48 PM
Em - you guys rock! Emily, Josh, Wendy, Jo, and the rest of the staff at USEA have really put their heart and soul, not to mention hours and hours of time, into the YEH program. Not to mention Marilyn Payne who had devoted countless days and unwavering dedication and patience working to develop the judging and educating folks about the program. How exciting to see these gorgeous youngsters come out and shine: what a phenomenal tribute to the next generation of great horses, and the owners and breeders who have brought them forward, and what a fantastic result from all of that very hard work.

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:50 AM
www.grcphoto.com under YEH at FHI I esp like the dark and dreary dressage photos - b/c that's exactly how the day was!

RunForIt
Oct. 18, 2009, 11:44 AM
www.grcphoto.com (http://www.grcphoto.com) under YEH at FHI I esp like the dark and dreary dressage photos - b/c that's exactly how the day was!

hard to think dreary when looking at this horse jump...

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0EBK00AX0P0006&po=6&pc=64

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 18, 2009, 06:07 PM
www.grcphoto.com (http://www.grcphoto.com) under YEH at FHI I esp like the dark and dreary dressage photos - b/c that's exactly how the day was!

thanks...they did get some great shots...and a lot of dressage...boy it looks as miserable in the pictures as it felt to be there!

Looks like none of the horses jumped that roll top to the drop into the water well (well, except for the couple that were already running Prelim)...I thought that was a pretty big question...I know it was for my boy.

My guy (Muggle) was 221 (with Ryan Wood) if anyone is curious. Ryan did a super job catch riding on the big red boy. I probably should have kept the ride myself but considering neither Muggle nor I had been jumping much since July, I wasn't sure I could stay with him...and looking at some of the pictures and given the weather, I was very glad Ryan was in the irons and not me:eek: But watch out for us next year (unless work gets in the way)!

I may need to get a CD of the pictures...very thankful that GRC spent the time to shoot the classes! And thanks to all the volunteers that made these classes possible!

ETA: All the horses were really nice...but number 222 Project Runway..was super fun to watch jump for me (and looked like fun to ride too!). http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage.aspx?e=5439649&g=0EBK00AX0L