PDA

View Full Version : A naming thread - original, I know!

EasyDoesIt
Oct. 13, 2009, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry for posting the 132098582348th naming thread - I just love all your ideas and would love your input on my new boy! :)

He's a four year old thoroughbred, 17h, dark bay no white. Very classic looking, but build more like a warmblood. A big sweetheart - quiet and VERY willing! We're going to be making our way up to the AA's.

I wanted a name that reflects his easy-going personality, but something classic and nice. :)

TIA! Its much appreciated!

hrsgirl07
Oct. 14, 2009, 03:51 AM
Artemis

all i could come up with for now... will have more later!

RockinHorse
Oct. 14, 2009, 07:53 AM
Can you give us a little more to go on? What is his registered name? Barn name? Any kind of themes you like?

rabicon
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:19 AM
Red Red Wine
Different Kind of Bill
Afternoon Delight
Ain't Misbehaven
Wellington
Teachers Pet
Rodeo Drive
Bare Necessities
Mandalay Bay
Belmont
Yager Meister
Unlikely Hero
Cafe Mocha
Celebrity Status
Kalypso
Limited Edition
Make Believe
Double Jeopardy

EasyDoesIt
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:17 PM
Sorry - he doesn't have a barn name yet. I'm not sure what his registered name is either, he does have papers but I have not picked them up yet. Sorry for the lack of info!

I like simple and nice names - I really like names like Wallstreet to name a popular one (but would never want the poor guy to have to live up to that name). I had a couple idea's for him, one being Everlasting Tuck - Tucker for short.

I really like Limited Edition and Rodeo Drive too! I think Bare Necessities is great because of his lack of white :)

Thanks for the ideas! Hopefully we can get a couple more!

rdc
Oct. 15, 2009, 01:02 AM
Unmarked
Bay Meadows
Byron
Heathcliff
Mr Darcy

fourmares
Oct. 15, 2009, 01:27 AM
You may end up loving his registered name... to spin off of one of rdc's recommendations - Unmarked Bill (Bill for a barn name)

EasyDoesIt
Oct. 15, 2009, 10:51 PM
So now I have so many I like, and I have to pick one! :D Much better than being stuck with nothing.

Thank you for all the help!

Nski32
Oct. 17, 2009, 07:34 PM
Guiseppe! (my favorite)

Some random names that I like...
Absolute
Mulligan

im having a brain fart at the moment, ill try to add some more later!

EquitationRider
Oct. 17, 2009, 08:46 PM
I like the name Bodie. Then for a show name Bodacious (spelling?)

I also like the name Brody.

fourmares
Oct. 18, 2009, 01:06 AM
Manchester

Nauset
Oct. 18, 2009, 09:59 AM
Quite The Gentleman
Solid Citizen
Vintage Couture
Classic
Old Hollywood
Time Honored

SpringOakFarm
Oct. 18, 2009, 09:36 PM
I love one word names...so I used thesaurus.com to find words that mean "dark" or "lack of light" - given that he doesn't have any white...here are my suggestions:

Eclipse
Cimmerian
Overcast
Evanescence - which has nothing to do with lack of light, but it's a cool name and could call him Evan for short!

mvp
Oct. 18, 2009, 09:55 PM
You can't do Everlasting Tuck because of Tucks Medicated Pads. You just can't.

Being unchromed, is he also the "good citizen, plain bay gelding" kind of horse? Do you think he might get lost in a hack? I have one of these so I gave him a really cute, memorable, one word name. Classy wouldn't have done it because, really, every damned bay hunter gelding out there is trying to be classy. Without humor, he would have been just another wannabe.

I knew a very nice dark bay horse named Sable. He was the sleeper type-- plain to look at, but a fantastic, try-hard-all-day-without-fanfare kind of horse. The name-- simple, luscious, slightly plain-- worked for him.

HARROLDhasmyheart
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:52 PM
Do you have any pictures!? Also, I'm a fan of one-word names as well.

Nauset
Oct. 22, 2009, 04:34 PM
Did you choose a name?

GGsuperpony
Oct. 22, 2009, 08:57 PM
Spotless!

80s rider
Oct. 23, 2009, 09:48 AM
Simple Simon

nuts4cowboybutts
Oct. 23, 2009, 10:28 AM
Valentino