PDA

View Full Version : Looking for clinic in southeast

SkipChange
Oct. 13, 2009, 05:29 PM
This is probably a silly question, but I'm really looking for a good clinic to go to and have found it immensely frustrating. Apparently I live in a black hole, I would like to find a clinic within 5 hours of Auburn, AL, less would be waaaayyy better, sometime this fall or early spring. My trainer is having personal issues (which I totally understand) and I really want to keep progressing with my jumper (just turned 6 yrs. old 16.1 WB, currently solid to show 3ft and schooling a bit bigger). There was a GM clinic just recently at Blackjack in B'ham but we weren't ready for it, hoping to do that next year.

I looked on the USHJA website for dates in zone 4 for clinics but most of them are farther away (7-9hrs, not practical) or during my final exams. I tried just googling but it wasn't very successful. How do you look for/find clinics?

janedoe726
Oct. 13, 2009, 07:05 PM
I have no idea if it is going to happen this year or not, but there's usually a George Morris clinic in Camden, SC the last weekend of December. Not sure how far away that is, but I'd guess you would be out of school then. Might be worth looking into...

mroades
Oct. 13, 2009, 08:18 PM
the GM clinic that was always in Camden is now held at Clemson..and its Jan 1-3 this year. No one watts to drive on New Years Eve, so I suspect that the first day will be light. We went every year, but now its too far...sigh

SkipChange
Oct. 13, 2009, 09:23 PM
Yes, I saw the GM in Camden, thanks for replying. Unfortunately I will be in Mississippi for christmas making that an over 8hr drive for me. Ironically, just today GHJA just sent out a flyer with a Joe Fargis clinic in GA Dec. 19 & 20 so my friend and I are thinking about going to that one!

ETA: Now I've just got to work on my position and my horse so we don't make fools of ourselves. :winkgrin:

TwoDreamRides
Oct. 14, 2009, 12:27 AM
SkipChange, would you be able to send me the clinic info? For some reason I didn't get the memo and I am very interested!

SkipChange
Oct. 14, 2009, 12:33 AM
Sent you a PM.

Kikki
Oct. 14, 2009, 02:17 AM
We are having Joe Fargis at the farm in Memphis right before Thanksgiving, though I don't know how many spaces will be available to people outside the barn since clients have first dibs on spots.