PDA

View Full Version : Conformation Critique Please

Crzy4Mares
Oct. 13, 2009, 01:49 PM
Please click on the link to view a few photos of my mare. I am hoping that a few of the more experienced eyes can provide a critique. Where are her faults, what will inhibit her, what discipline(s) is she better suited for? I'm looking for the good, the bad, and the ugly. I will take no offense.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2326463&id=26721372&l=bdac5a4874

Thank you in advance!

Marney
Oct. 13, 2009, 01:58 PM
I am not going to give a critique but she sure is cute!

trakehner013
Oct. 13, 2009, 02:12 PM
She is very cute!

Maya01
Oct. 13, 2009, 02:26 PM
She is very cute! The main thing I see is the roach in her back. I have heard from some people that the roach is fine - but my experiences are that it will prove to be a damper for any upper level eventing career, or anything that requires an extreme use of the spine. She looks young to me and not fully grown into herself. In proportion her knees/feet/head/neck are a bit too big for her body - but that is probably just a baby thing :) She has a plain head but a very sweet eye, which is SO important IMO. Her pasterns also look to be on the short side and are quite angled. She has a nice butt and has a generally lovely appearance.

Since she looks to be on the heavier side (bone structure-wise), perhaps upper level eventing may not be in the cards. However, she has a lovely jump so she may make a good equitation horse or jumper. Lower levels of dressage and eventing would be good too :D

You should post more information about her (age, current height, breed, bloodlines and what you want to do with her) :) Good luck with her!

eventerwannabe
Oct. 13, 2009, 02:26 PM
I don't know....she seems a little crazy looking to me. See that funny glint in her eye.:lol: Sorry Crzy4Mares, couldn't help myself.

Seriously though, you guys should see this horse move!! She's got a trot anyone would kill for. (keep her:D)

texaseventer
Oct. 13, 2009, 02:32 PM
No critique here just have to say she's adorable. That eye is just the sweetest thing ever. She looks very kind. I think she's gorgeous!!

Hilary
Oct. 13, 2009, 02:58 PM
I agree she looks young, but she is really really cute. My critique would be that she is not up hill - her withers and elbow are lower than the top of her croup and her stifle, respetively. Her neck is a hair short, compared to her body and head. Her shoulder could have a wee bit more slope to it, but her front legs are placed well and are straight up and down - can't tell from a side shot if she's toe in or out but she looks to be straight and is neither behind or over at the knee. Maybe her front feet have a different angle than her pasterns, but maybe it's the way she's standing.

I like her hind end - there is an equilateral triangle between her hip, stifle and point of buttock. Some people will say her hind legs are a bit straight, but I've had some really post-legged horses and they do just fine, so it doesn't bother me.

She has big knees and hocks that tie in nicely to the upper and lower legs. Overall I really like her body shape and type and if she was a bit more uphill I wouldn't even notice the other things I mentioned.

So - what's her breeding and age?

Crzy4Mares
Oct. 13, 2009, 05:02 PM
Kimber is a TB/Holsteiner X TB/Belgian. She's 9 years old. We made our eventing debut this season. She's got excellent movement and is a major powerhouse. We finished 1st at a BN mini-event a few weeks ago, and she completed her first HT a few weeks before that.

Threedaychick
Oct. 13, 2009, 05:45 PM
I don't think she is going to be good for anything.... you should send her to me, and I'll keep her just out of generosity! :D ;) (Very cute!)

scubed
Oct. 13, 2009, 06:40 PM
I bet I own her half brother and she looks rather like him (minus the fetching spots). His slightly short neck makes it a bit hard for him to dressage, which he is traditionally a brat about anyway though getting better, but he is an incredible jumper despite conformation that might suggest he wouldn't be.

Crzy4Mares
Oct. 13, 2009, 08:42 PM
Be careful, Threedaychick! I may just take you up on that offer. I'm trying to cut back on my spending right now (saving for a house and wedding) and really don't want to sell her... I want someone to take her and use her as their own for a few years until I can get on my feet. She's too good to sit and wait for me...

ILoveMyScummyWhiteHorse
Oct. 14, 2009, 03:34 PM
Not critiquing her conformation, but very cute!! Very bright coloring and look at that tail!! lol I love long thick tails. Pretty face, as well. Photogenic. She seems solid and well put together, too. I know, I said I wasn't critiquing, but I'm happy for ya! Good luck with her! :D