tanlines
Oct. 12, 2009, 08:38 PM
How did it go this weekend?

mpack
Oct. 13, 2009, 10:24 AM
WET!

texaseventer
Oct. 13, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'm voting to change the venue name to Mud-owcreek. It was ok on SAturday, but BN didn't get to ride cross country due to rain :( I was SO READY... Oh well!!! Another show!

purplnurpl
Oct. 13, 2009, 03:21 PM
yuck. sorry guys.

it's either mud, or hard as a rock. That is Meadow Creek for ya!

texaseventer
Oct. 13, 2009, 03:31 PM
On a brighter note, I would like to toot my own horn and share that I set a goal for myself in dressage (40.0) and we got a 39.5! We are getting there, slowly but surely. Last MCP we got a 48.5, so I am VERY happy with this improvement!!!!!!!

Lucky_Break
Oct. 14, 2009, 11:26 AM
On a brighter note, I would like to toot my own horn and share that I set a goal for myself in dressage (40.0) and we got a 39.5! We are getting there, slowly but surely. Last MCP we got a 48.5, so I am VERY happy with this improvement!!!!!!!

CONGRATS! That's really exciting. :D

I cannot wait to do meadowcreek! I'm hoping my boy and I will get to it next year. It's such a beautiful place. :yes:

texaseventer
Oct. 14, 2009, 11:43 AM
Some people don't care for Meadowcreek, I've always loved it there - even after crashing and burning in stadium last March. Sam (the owner) helped carry me off the course... I'm grateful to him for being so kind to me when I was hurt, scared and angry at myself for falling!!! I just think they are nice people and I've always had a good experience there, but that's just me!!!! My horse for some reason loves it there, train and all. I have pics of him with nice floppy ears just going about his business in dressage with the train going by in the background, too funny!

Kairoshorses
Oct. 14, 2009, 12:42 PM
We had a good time, though we got TOTALLY SOAKED. We improved our dressage (down to 32), and our SJ went well, even though I STILL continue to jump ahead (according to the photos), though not as bad as last year. So I guess there's improvement there, too!

Our division was the last to go before they called the event because of rain. But even though we got soaked to the skin, we had a blast! I think I had time faults, though, because I didn't write down my time, and I was thinking it was 5 min. something, rather than 4....so I lollygagged, taking big wide turns, etc. That's ok; we had super jumps, and while we weren't as balanced as I felt we were at Greenwood, given the mud, I think we did great.

I'm still getting to know my pony, but I LOVE that every time we've gone out, we've learned something. We've done three events (the first of which was the ATC/KY Classique!), and each time we've improved dressage and gotten better at XC (though he tends to save my butt SJ, since I tense up and jump ahead). I LOVE learning from this wonderful horse!

On to Holly Hill!