PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Ocala sale going on now

Joanne
Oct. 12, 2009, 06:31 PM
I was just looking at the results from today's sale. What does "withdrawn" mean? Does the horse actually make it to the auction arena and then, because there are no bids or too little bid, the horse is withdrawn?

nextyear
Oct. 12, 2009, 07:23 PM
Horse does not make it to the sales ring.
Sales was not good today out of the first 50 horses only 17 sold. We were only there for a few hours but not many people.

Laurierace
Oct. 12, 2009, 07:42 PM
They pulled the horse from the sale and either took it home or sold it privately. If your scenario were to take place it would say not sold/no bid.

Las Olas
Oct. 13, 2009, 04:30 AM
Horse does not make it to the sales ring.
Sales was not good today out of the first 50 horses only 17 sold. We were only there for a few hours but not many people.

Really? I thought the sale was fantastic for the crap that was going through the ring. It turned out much better than I expected after I looked at what was offered. I did think that the half to Peace Rules (IF to Rock Hard Ten) would've brought more. She was a nice enough looking mare, although a bit smallish (15.3), and there was one other mare that I thought was undervalued. Those were the only two on the entire day. Weanlings weren't much better.

ETA: I think the other mare was hip 68. She was nice enough, but had bagged up a little, so I approached Journeyman Stud to see what the deal was (placentitis maybe?) and she informed me that the mare was just weaned when she left for the sale grounds. What??? Oh, she informs me that they wean all of their sale horses (mares and weaners) when they ship. WTF??? I couldn't believe it. I have worked for some serious a-holes in this business, but none of them would do that.

nextyear
Oct. 13, 2009, 08:48 AM
Really? I thought the sale was fantastic for the crap that was going through the ring. It turned out much better than I expected after I looked at what was offered. I did think that the half to Peace Rules (IF to Rock Hard Ten) would've brought more. She was a nice enough looking mare, although a bit smallish (15.3), and there was one other mare that I thought was undervalued. Those were the only two on the entire day. Weanlings weren't much better.

ETA: I think the other mare was hip 68. She was nice enough, but had bagged up a little, so I approached Journeyman Stud to see what the deal was (placentitis maybe?) and she informed me that the mare was just weaned when she left for the sale grounds. What??? Oh, she informs me that they wean all of their sale horses (mares and weaners) when they ship. WTF??? I couldn't believe it. I have worked for some serious a-holes in this business, but none of them would do that.

I agree it was depressing to see the quality going through, my comment was the fact there was no one around.