PDA

View Full Version : Schooling shows in N.VA fall/winter? dates and locations!

Empressive Award
Oct. 12, 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm looking to get my mare into some schooling shows this fall and winter but no one seems to have their schedules up yet or isn't offering them during the colder months.

Can you all provide me with the names of some farms that host indoor/outdoor schooling show-local shows geared more for the jumpers? I'm in the Leesburg area so Middleburg, Aldie, Maryland and anyone within say 45 minutes to an hour would be feasible for us.

Thanks in advance!!!

Janet
Oct. 12, 2009, 04:08 PM
Did you check the VHSAeb site?

MandyVA
Mar. 27, 2010, 12:20 PM
Resurrecting this thread after doing a search for the same topic...I don't see any schooling shows on the VHSA site. Surely there are schooling shows in Leesburg?! I never find any on virginiaequestrian.com either.

Busymummy
Mar. 28, 2010, 07:52 PM
Fox Chase Farm has both Jumper, Hunter and Pony shows 9 months out of the year. The website is www.Foxchasefarm.net

TheOrangeOne
Mar. 28, 2010, 08:07 PM
VHSA calls schooling shows "associate shows", try that section, there should be one every weekend for you

yellowbritches
Mar. 28, 2010, 08:07 PM
River Chase was hosting shows at Morven over the winter, but I don't know what their schedule was like for the spring.

gottagrey
Mar. 29, 2010, 12:32 AM
Considering we are barely out of a month thaw, I'm not surprised that some of the fall/winter schooling shows are posted yet.. WBTA has a show in late October/early November - they are in Chevy Chase, MD - have unrated classes including jumpers on Saturday, Rated on Sunday; Frying Pan usually has a slew of shows all year round. there needs to be more good schooling shows - while I'm not exactly ready for prime time myself. I saw some pics of the Aiken Foxhunter Show - darn I would love it if someone would do something like that around here -= looked like a blast whether you were competing or a spectator (might have been the tents, tables and wine glasses)

Busymummy
Mar. 29, 2010, 07:14 AM
The OP initiated this thread in October of last year regarding the fall/winter schooling shows. Another poster bumped this thread with a general question about finding schooling shows.