PDA

View Full Version : should I sell my Dd's saddle??

hellerkm
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:52 AM
I found a very nice Beval Junior for my younger Dd on Ebay, it should arrive this week. IF it fits her and her pony I will have a Crosby PDN in a size 14" that she will not be using anymore. The new saddle is only a 13in ( the old saddle is too big) the Beval has knee rolls and more padding than her PDN, when she grows out of the BEval ( it should take at least 3-5 years she is only 40lbs and short for her age) will she want to go back into the PDN or will she be "spoiled by the knee rolls and padding the Beval provides?? I hate to let this saddle sit around for that long with no use. If it were up to you would you try to sell it or save it???? It would be nice to cover at least a portion of what I spent on her new saddle but her PDN is in EXCELLENT condition and I am afraid I would not be able to replace it in a few years if need be!
I also grabbed a Collegiate Undergrad for my youngest DD in 12in this week so at this point I have a saddle "collection" LOL and DH is wondering why we are hanging onto all of these saddles!!

showmom858
Oct. 12, 2009, 11:37 AM
If I were you I would go ahead and sell the saddle since it will be several years before it will be used again. When older DD outgrew here Pessoa Pony Saddle in 15 3/4 I know younger DD was years away from fitting in this saddle so I sold it. In the end younger DD went from a 15" saddle into a 16" anyway.

hellerkm
Oct. 12, 2009, 12:12 PM
If I were you I would go ahead and sell the saddle since it will be several years before it will be used again. When older DD outgrew here Pessoa Pony Saddle in 15 3/4 I know younger DD was years away from fitting in this saddle so I sold it. In the end younger DD went from a 15" saddle into a 16" anyway.

I think I agree , it seems like a pain to keep around a saddle that we won't be using for years, then I need to remember to oil and clean it too LOL I have enough to keep up with I think I will clean it and list it. I do have an emotional attachment to this saddle, it was my older DD's first saddle I will miss it LOL!!

bf1
Oct. 12, 2009, 01:31 PM
Personally, I would save it! It is not easy to find good used children's saddles. It should be fine if you keep it in the house and check it once in a while. It is not going to loose any value...and time flies and kids grow fast!!!

dab
Oct. 12, 2009, 01:35 PM
I'd put it on consignment somewhere and not be bashful about asking a good amount for it -- If it sits there until your daughter grows into it, you were meant to keep it --

greeneyelioness
Oct. 12, 2009, 03:29 PM
don't know if this goes against advertising regs on here but have you checked out bits and barter? it's a really good site and i'm sure you'll sell it there and find more stuff that you need (or really don't).
http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com

hellerkm
Oct. 12, 2009, 05:09 PM
I'd put it on consignment somewhere and not be bashful about asking a good amount for it -- If it sits there until your daughter grows into it, you were meant to keep it --
LOL that's funny, and a good idea, I seem to have an emotional attachment to this thing, seems kind of dumb to me! but the thought of selling it makes me nervous and a bit sad , its kind of a part of our family! BUT it does NOT need to sit around and collect dust either, I have enough of that kind of stuff here already!!!!

M. O'Connor
Oct. 12, 2009, 05:24 PM
I'd keep it. My students and kids went back and forth between various Beval saddles and Crosby PDNs, both brands with and without knee rolls--I never let them know that they were in/out of style, and they never noticed. The Bevals tend to "run small," and when the kids outgrew them, they'd move up next to the Crosby's in the same size.

Come Shine
Oct. 12, 2009, 05:32 PM
If the old saddle fits the pony and is just a tad big for the rider, I would keep it. I found it surprisingly hard to find a pony saddle that fit both the pony and rider when I needed one.

hellerkm
Oct. 12, 2009, 06:16 PM
I think will hang onto it, I only paid $200 for it at Bucks County Saddlery 7 years ago , and I doubt I could replace it for that if I needed to, and yes it fits the pony well, just a tad big for the 40lb kid right now LOL!!