PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Burr Howard Clinic-Opinions?

Atypical
Oct. 12, 2009, 01:51 AM
I am thinking (seriously) about signing up for a Leslie Burr Howard clinic here in another month. Has anyone ridden with her before? Willing to offer experiences, opinions?

Thanks

lauriep
Oct. 12, 2009, 08:13 AM
I have listened to her in the schooling area for years and she is terrific. She has all the classical training, won the Medal, is both a beautiful hunter rider (though she doesn't ride them anymore) and gutsy jumper rider. I would think you would learn a ton. Do it!

WorthTheWait95
Oct. 12, 2009, 08:47 AM
I have listened to her in the schooling area for years and she is terrific. She has all the classical training, won the Medal, is both a beautiful hunter rider (though she doesn't ride them anymore) and gutsy jumper rider. I would think you would learn a ton. Do it!

Agreed. I like her style in the schooling ring both when instructing and when working through an issue with a horse. I wouldn't hesitate. Plus, she's always been super nice to me and helped me out a few times when my instructor had a ring conflict. Big thumbs up.

Hunter/JumperMom
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:25 AM
Big fan!! Daughter trains with her daily, if you can get a clinic with her do it. She shows true interest no matter what your skill level is. And she is not afraid to get on and show you if you can't figure something out! Just be good at leg ups!!! :D

tucktaway
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:50 AM
Absolutely do it!! I've never seen her in a clinic situation, but she was always great in lessons/at shows- even if there were a few of us at a time. Have fun!!