PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastic Exercises for the 1000th time

TweedADeedle
Oct. 11, 2009, 07:19 PM
I know this has been asked tons of times... I am looking to make her rounder. Can you help with actual gymnastics patterns? I know low wide oxers and poles after the fences, but please help with more than that! Thanks

tidy rabbit
Oct. 12, 2009, 09:42 AM
3 oxers in a row is a good one.

All 3 should be rampy.

Set the first one low & rampy, 17/18ft to the second slightly higher & rampy, with 19/20ft to the third rampy oxer. My suggested distances here are for 2ft to 2'6" on a green horse.

Depending on the height and your horse's stride you'll have to adjust the distances between fences (obviously).

pwrpfflynn
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:09 AM
Here are a couple of books I got from the Library that were very helpful. 101 Jumping Exercises for horse and Rider (don't remember the author on this one) and Gymnastic: Systematic Training for jumping horses by James Wofford.

RyuEquestrian
Oct. 12, 2009, 06:14 PM
We did this with my 5 year old mare to make her a bit tighter in front and jump with a rounder bascule, oxer with a rail lying diagonally across it- it will make her look so hang on! Worked like a charm, I only had to put her over it once or twice, then took the pole away and the oxers were beautiful.

equitationlane
Oct. 12, 2009, 07:58 PM
bounce, bounce, bounce (that's 3 bounces at 9'. 28' to an oxar, another 28' to three more bounces. That should fix it right up.

I usually make them half cross rails until they get the idea, then go up as needed.

TweedADeedle
Oct. 12, 2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all the tricks! What sucks is it is raining here the whole week and no indoor!!! Can't wait to try these!