PDA

View Full Version : Men's Tall Winter Riding Boots?

pokesaladannie
Oct. 11, 2009, 03:48 PM
Mr. PSA is not happy with the half-chap/ariat boot combo he has been using for the last decade or so. (Luckily for me, he's not quick to complain!) He isn't able to fit his spurs on over top of them.

He's been riding in tall boots since Spring but they won't cut it once we get into our wicked Ontario winter.

Any ideas for a nice warm tall boot that's not too bulky and stiff and will go up to a size 12 or 13?
p.s. He has tried BoB's rubber stretchy spur straps but they rub his horses.

MattMan
Oct. 11, 2009, 07:43 PM
I haven't tried the winter version of their boots, but I like Mountain Horse. They come in size 13 and I have been able to get my last few pair cheap because the stores wanted to get rid of the size 13s that were gathering dust in the corner.

riderboy
Oct. 12, 2009, 07:23 AM
I have always had a terrible time with this. The Mountain Horse 13 seemed like a small 13 to me, especially with a thick pair of socks. I have some winter men's ariats that I got a couple of years ago that they no longer make. When I was looking I found a police equipment website that sold men's winter riding boots for mounted policeman. Can't remember the name but I do remember they had sizes the standard catalogs did not.

Maya01
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:09 AM
Ah - Ontario winter. I started snowing here yesterday and I almost cried. It ruined my day and probably the next 6 months of my life :lol:

Ariat has a pair of winter tall boots. Not sure if they are still around... After a little coercing spurs can easily fit over them and they are insanely warm (my toes only froze during January) and you can put winter socks in them too :yes: Bahrs has the best selection for winter riding socks ;) which reminds me I have to go and stalk up :cry:

pokesaladannie
Oct. 12, 2009, 03:27 PM
Riderboy: Aren't you clever to think of police gear - I'll check it out.
I wasn't sure if ariat was still making men's tall boots at all. I will put a call into Bahr's tomorrow.

riderboy
Oct. 13, 2009, 08:15 AM
Riderboy: Aren't you clever to think of police gear - I'll check it out.
I wasn't sure if ariat was still making men's tall boots at all. I will put a call into Bahr's tomorrow. Clever is not my strong suit! Mr Google helped me along with some very cold feet.

scubed
Oct. 13, 2009, 08:44 AM
I love Ariats and then have several men's tall boots:
http://www.ariat.com/products_listing.aspx?pcid=8&cid=1&scid=34

but I think only the Bromont in men's sizes

There is this boot (not sure how the sizes translate): http://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/P/Cook_Tall_Winter_Boots-%2857%29.aspx

custom here: http://www.handmade-hunterboots.com/Winter-riding-boots.html

pokesaladannie
Oct. 13, 2009, 05:48 PM
Oh no! Visited Scubed's third suggested site ... would those motorcycle boots be overkill on my 50c.c. Honda dirtbike? They seriously have a fetching collection of luxury footwear ....very spendy!

Back to reality - I'll try to see if anyone carries the Ariat Tall Men's Bromonts. They look promising.