PDA

View Full Version : Equine Mania Saddlery

Formal Attire
Oct. 11, 2009, 10:33 AM
Does anyone know if this site is legit?
http://equinemania-tackstore.com/index.php
I have been searching for a "new" used saddle for a while and came across this website. It seems almost too good to be true... Low prices on quality saddles and free shipping??? Let me know what you think. I have my eye on the 17" Tad Coffin :D
Thanks

t. nason
Oct. 11, 2009, 01:41 PM
Sure had some good prices on some of the saddles.:winkgrin:

Alterrain
Oct. 11, 2009, 01:57 PM
I don't think it's a scam, but I do think the saddles are probably stolen.

t. nason
Oct. 11, 2009, 02:17 PM
I think I would want serial # of saddle so you could check with company that makes it. I would think if saddle is stolen there is a good chance they would know about it. Other than that I don't know. Sure would like to hear if anyone has bought a saddle from this web site.

GGsuperpony
Oct. 11, 2009, 05:11 PM
Oh no, that's definitely a scam. Many threads about it and similar stores run on here. Maybe someone else will be able to help you find in a search. I wouldn't buy anything from them if I were you...

Alterrain
Oct. 11, 2009, 06:15 PM
The only thing that made me think it was not a scam was that all the saddles seem to be on the same wooden horse, and in the same room. Usually scammers steal the pics from other websites, so there is no consistency. It looks to me more like a system to quickly turn around stolen saddles. (saddle laundering? :) )

Either way, I would steer clear. (sorry.)

dressagedevon
Oct. 11, 2009, 06:23 PM
1400 for a hennig on there!! It is so not legit, also be weary when there's no phone number or address on the contact us page!

Mara
Oct. 11, 2009, 06:53 PM
Sorry, even if the saddles aren't stolen I'd steer clear. There is no information as regards guarantees - what if you pay $1400 for a saddle with a broken tree? Not worth the risk.

grandprixjump
Oct. 11, 2009, 08:09 PM
Especially with the mention of MoneyGram at the bottom of the page, wanting WIRE TRANSFERS just screams scam..

But here is a phone number tied to the URL - (860) 688-6878 If you do a URL search on Whois.org. It comes up with a name and that number...

patina.marc
Oct. 13, 2009, 09:56 PM
I came across this website recently looking for a used saddle. They were not willing to send me a picture of the stamps on the saddle but they were willing to contact me by phone from the UK. Something smells rotten in Denmark with this website...remember, we all know that there is no free lunch. Caveat emptor!!