PDA

View Full Version : The cute buckskin mare - 10 months later. Critique my video please!

Gwendolyn
Oct. 10, 2009, 07:49 PM
So, I posted a thread with pics asking for a critique back in January. We've worked (a lot) since then. Unfortunately, the jump looks the same. Knees pointed down. Ugh. Maybe when we jump bigger or I do MORE gymnastics (haven't been too good about that ;) ) they will improve. If not, oh well.

Anyway, the ride FEELS better. These are the very first videos of Dora jumping, so I had to share them.

I think I fixed my elbows ;) but I'm landing on her back too early. Also it looks like we're craaaaaaaawwwwwling around the ring. Easier to add pace than to take away, I suppose. ;)

Anything else? TIA!

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/PegasusPhoto/

p.s. Our first show o/f is next Sunday, just the baby greens :)

Bah, some of the vidoes are slow. Idk why. I'll try to add more later.

virtus02
Oct. 10, 2009, 09:58 PM
It was hard to tell from the videos but I don't think her jumping form is that poor. She is very cute but yes, more impulsion is needed! She looks like a lot of fun though and I wish you luck at your first show!

Centuree
Oct. 10, 2009, 10:25 PM
The jump is so low that it doesnt' surprise me her knees are not up. I wouldn't get too worried over that.

However, she has a great bascule over that little fence. No wonder your position got a little rattled, her knees were almost touching her chin. haha, nice horse.

Gwendolyn
Oct. 12, 2009, 09:57 AM
Bump. :)

tidy rabbit
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:09 AM
I had a hard time with getting the videos to play. You'll be fine, keep your expectations low and have FUN! Relax and enjoy the process.

tidy rabbit
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:11 AM
About the crawling....

I too had my first show on a horse this month. He'd jumped 4 times prior to the show and only did a line of fences 4 or 5 times the Wednesday before. We did the adds in the lines and he was great! I kept in mind that it was going to feel like it takes a long time to get around the course and that's okay. Just make a single goal for each round and do your best; my goal was to keep cantering the whole way around. Worked out great.

naters
Oct. 12, 2009, 11:02 AM
OP:

Where are you located?

RugBug
Oct. 12, 2009, 12:55 PM
It's really hard to tell what's going on with videos like that. The camera needs to follow the horse, not stay focused on the jump.

From what I could see, she looks just fine. If you know you need to do some gymnastics...do them. Not doing them isn't doing your horse's training any favors. It's like having a fitness goal and then never exercising. If you don't do the work, you're not going to get anywhere near the goal.

Gwendolyn
Oct. 13, 2009, 10:03 AM
TR - thanks for the tips :)

naters - I am in FL, just south of Tampa