PDA

View Full Version : Hagyard MidSouth Team Challenge Ride Times Are Up

Auburn
Oct. 10, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hagyard MidSouth Team Challenge Ride Times Are Up. Go to www.kyevents.net (http://www.kyevents.net) and hit on Team Challenge in the upper left hand box.

Our team rides at 9:30am on Saturday for dressage. My cross country time is 2:52pm on Sunday.

I am praying for better weather than we had for Jump Start! :yes:

WhyGeorgia
Oct. 12, 2009, 04:08 PM
Course Maps are up now too!

Eventer13
Oct. 12, 2009, 08:52 PM
Are there any clinics for the T3D (like, how to jog, ride the steeplechase, etc)? Would they allow any auditors to come listen? And is the jog in the same place where the Rolex jog is held?

Hey Mickey
Oct. 12, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm so freaking excited!!

Everyone think good dressage thoughts for us at 11:51 on friday!!

Auburn
Oct. 13, 2009, 07:43 AM
Eventer13,

Yes. If you go to the link, then click on Hagyard Team Challenge in the upper left hand box. It will have a schedule of events. They do welcome auditors. I am planning on going down on Thursday. It is supposed to be raining here tomorrow. If the weather folks are correct, it will be clear this weekend, with temps in the 40's.

Bring plenty of blankets for you and your horses! Brrr.

CookiePony
Oct. 13, 2009, 12:16 PM
Good luck everyone! I am so terribly disappointed I won't be there. I have a work obligation this weekend and must pay for the horse somehow, so no MidSouth for me.

Divine Comedy
Oct. 13, 2009, 09:27 PM
So according to accuweather.com, it is supposed to rain 1.37 inches between now and thursday night. Then it's not supposed to rain Friday or Saturday...

That doesn't seem like a lot, but I know they are being careful about the footing at the KHP. Someone please tell me that they won't cancel steeplechase and/or XC for the long format! (I may be freaking out a little bit here.)

tle
Oct. 13, 2009, 10:06 PM
Can't say never... but I know that Mary is a big supporter and wouldn't cancel unless absolutely in the best interest of safety of the competitors.

riderboy
Oct. 14, 2009, 07:57 AM
I do hope it stops raining. It is nasty out there this morning, ( we are 3 hours due west of Lexington) I would think it would be fine by the weekend if the forecasts are accurate. I'm not sure why they are so concerned about the XC course for the WEG now, seems like there is plenty of time to get the course ready and enough space to not run overlapping courses. Maybe I don't know enough about turf care!

ddashaq
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:08 AM
The weather really sucks today, but the forecast still looks OK for this weekend. Fingers crossed that it dries out!

FlightCheck
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:17 AM
Well, when I wanted cooler weather, I really didn't mean highs in the 40's! ;)

CookiePony
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:12 AM
I do hope it stops raining. It is nasty out there this morning, ( we are 3 hours due west of Lexington) I would think it would be fine by the weekend if the forecasts are accurate. I'm not sure why they are so concerned about the XC course for the WEG now, seems like there is plenty of time to get the course ready and enough space to not run overlapping courses. Maybe I don't know enough about turf care!
They're all roped off anyway, although courses have been crossing the WEG track here and there. We ran at Jump Start and it was *really* wet!

Auburn
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks, alot, Flight Check! We give you colder weather and now you want to complain about it? ;) I wish that you would bring some of your FL weather up for the weekend. :yes: There is even a mention of snow flurries for Friday night, into Saturday morning. I am NOT ready for snow!

Right now, my DH is at the KHP, standing near BN jump #11. He is helping with the test run for the WEG Endurance. He had to get up at 4:30am to get there. He called around 8:15am to say that the rain gear was keeping him fairly dry, but he has to keep wringing the water out of his gloves.

My Yak of a mare is soooo dirty. I can't wait to try to make her presentable for dressage. Braiding will be fun in 40 degree temps, too. Hopefully, someone will have an ad up and I will get them to braid for me.

Bring your Winter woolies for you and your horse. It's gonna be a cold one.

HER
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Auburn! Looking forward to seeing everyone again! It will still be fun no matter what the weather does! I'll still take a cold rainy day at a horse show over any day at work! They managed the footing really well for Jumpstart so I'm sure they will have this weekend under control. I can't wait to see my course!
Helen

JDufort
Oct. 15, 2009, 05:43 PM
Hey, Flight Check

keep an eye out for our beloved Cody (Code Red) in the T3D! He's been in the family since he was 5 and Jo was 12 - they competed through preliminary and in recent years he's been leased to a series of riders to help them learn the ropes.

At the grand old age of 18 - he's finally running a full format! Not with Jo aboard, but with a terrific young rider.

He's always lacked ground manners, but is a jumping machine. Acted out a bit today before jog, but was a perfect gentleman in front of the ground jury.

So keep an eye out for the 15.1 downhill built chestnut gelding with a white "question mark" on his forehead, as he skips over the steeplechase fences and chugs around XC. I'll be with him in spirit, sending good vibes from Georgia.

FlightCheck
Oct. 15, 2009, 08:04 PM
Will do!
I'm in temperature shock, going from the 90's in FL to the 40's here :)

Will try to update from my phone tomorrow morning during dressage.