PDA

View Full Version : Question for those of you who ride in a synthetic saddle..

pippa553
Oct. 10, 2009, 02:51 PM
So does it make a difference it you use leather or synthetic leathers? I have to do my purchasing online and I was wondering what the general consensus was. I don't really want to be squeaking around the ring. :winkgrin: thanks!

dutchmike
Oct. 10, 2009, 03:08 PM
I hate the synthetic stirrup leathers. I use leather on my synthetic saddle

Carrera
Oct. 10, 2009, 05:46 PM
The Wintec's are a faux suede material. I love it and no squeaking! I find that it really helps me stick to the tack. I too use real leather stirrup leathers on it.

LittleblackMorgan
Oct. 10, 2009, 06:02 PM
I use leather on my Wintec

BarnBrat
Oct. 10, 2009, 06:12 PM
Leather here as well. Haven't tried the synthetic.

Vesper Sparrow
Oct. 10, 2009, 07:28 PM
Have used both leather and synthetic leathers with no issues. What caused some problems initially were my leather boots, but I put leather conditioner on them and that stopped the squeaking.

mjmvet
Oct. 10, 2009, 09:10 PM
I have synthetic single layer (bottom adjust) 'webbers' that I love. I have to be honest though - both my synthetic and my leather saddles squeak, squeak, squeak...(And I have leather stirrup leathers on my leather saddle...) No idea why. If they made black baby powder I'd try that!

Mortazavi Farms
Oct. 10, 2009, 10:50 PM
My older Wintec is not the faux suede. It's faux leather. Check the models for material. I'm looking currently to upgrade hopefully to an Isabell. Tried out my friend's. Pretty nice, althoug her's was too small for me. Mine squeeks too. :(

mypaintwattie
Oct. 11, 2009, 01:09 AM
I have an older Thorogood and have always used leather leathers. They don't "squeak" too much.

mandalea
Oct. 11, 2009, 01:17 AM
I've always used leather leathers - synthetic leathers rub my legs, are a pain to pull down when I need to lengthen them, and squeak like crazy !

pippa553
Oct. 11, 2009, 12:39 PM
Many thanks for all the feedback.. now time to shop :D

magickmeadow
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:42 AM
If you haven't purchased new leathers just yet, consider the Kieffer synthetic leathers. I am a die hard leather lover but these leathers are really pretty great. I picked them up through Dressage Extensions. They a supple, easy on the leg if you are wearing paddock boots sans half chaps. They look very nice and don't stretch. I have used them on both my leather saddles and on a friend's Wintec.