PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series Revamping - Ideas?

scheibyee
Oct. 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
Hello! So we've decided to go all out on our winter series this year since we did not have our annual autumn classic. We've already added some neat things (even possibly adding our pro-am to our finale) but I was wondering if anyone who shows at these winter series would like to see any classes added to the prizelist or anything changed?

spmoonie
Oct. 10, 2009, 09:34 AM
Have you thought about adding a hunter derby of sorts? Maybe a 2'6" derby and a 3'6" or something like that. Our local circuits have started doing them and they are really poplular! :)

scheibyee
Oct. 10, 2009, 09:38 AM
That's a great idea! I love hunter derbys.

skyy
Oct. 10, 2009, 07:56 PM
How about a 2'6" jumper division to bridge the gap between the itty bitty's and the level 0's? Or maybe make the last class of the itty bitty's 2'6"?

scheibyee
Oct. 11, 2009, 11:18 AM
okay we're definitely going to have a 2'6 jumper division. How does anyone feel about a crossrail division? Please keep the great ideas coming. Everything helps.

spmoonie
Oct. 11, 2009, 02:57 PM
okay we're definitely going to have a 2'6 jumper division. How does anyone feel about a crossrail division? Please keep the great ideas coming. Everything helps.

I think it depends on the kind of crowd you are trying to attract. Im sure if you decided to have a cross rail division, you would have entries. Around here, that is probably one of the biggest divisions at the local stuff.

skyy
Oct. 14, 2009, 11:35 AM
Do you guys have dates yet?

Trixie
Oct. 14, 2009, 11:43 AM
More bigger classes.

It's frustrating to have shows that only go to 2'6" - I LOVE it when shows have a 3'6" option somewhere.

It looked like your prize list had multiple options at 2' and 2'6" but very little for anything higher in a hunter class.

GreystoneKC
Oct. 27, 2009, 09:14 PM
I would love to see you guys run the Pro-Am. My student and I look forward to it every year and were very disappointed to see that the classic was not happening this year. I would also have people for hunter derbies, so they would also be an attraction for us. There seem to be so many local unrated shows this winter (wish more nice facilities would hold rated Ch/Ad jumpers! lol), it will help to set yourself aside with some special classes.

A crossrail division is nice if you are looking to bring in the novice level riders. If it wasn't for a lovely farm running shows for beginners 5 minutes from my farm this winter, I would certainly be interested in it for a few of my riders who are too old for SS, but not ready for the 2', and yet would like to get a little showing under their belts.

pony4me
Oct. 27, 2009, 09:27 PM
If you are trying to attract a lot of kids and beginner riders, maybe Santa could be at one of the shows? One year, we had a decorated Christmas tree with presents underneath it (pretty wrapping on big empty boxes) and some pretty ribbons for the ponies. We took pictures of the kids and their ponies. The parents loved it. Good luck, and have fun!