PDA

View Full Version : Lucinda Green Eventing Saddle

AtlantaREALTOR
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know much about the Lucinda Green Eventing Saddle ? I have one but don't know much about the history of it. I do know that it is very popular for use on Thoroughbreds. I always thought it was the most comfortable saddle that I've ever used. I don't ride anymore and don't know where the best place to advertise these things. Should I put it on craigslist, ebay, facebook or any other ideas? Does anyone know how to value / price this saddle? Thanks, Kelly

lstevenson
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:26 PM
I used to have one. That was a great saddle, but they didn't make very many. So not many people know about them unfortunately. I would think for that reason if you need to sell it that you should price it pretty low, probably under $1000, even if it's in good condition.

Meredith Clark
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:30 PM
I used to have one. That was a great saddle, but they didn't make very many. So not many people know about them unfortunately. I would think for that reason if you need to sell it that you should price it pretty low, probably under $1000, even if it's in good condition.

or price it really high as a limited edition "collector's saddle" :lol:

lstevenson
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:40 PM
or price it really high as a limited edition "collector's saddle" :lol:

Yes, or that. :winkgrin:

AtlantaREALTOR
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:46 PM
The inside flap says Mirage Springtree 16" Number 3 fit. Made in England.

tbeventer
Oct. 10, 2009, 08:09 AM
A friend of mine had one and I loved it! It was a bit less deep of a seat than the Ainsley Pro National that I had. One of the PCers I used to teach bought one for $300. In the last few years I haven't seen one sold for more than $500... and that one had been recently reflocked and was hardly broken in.