PDA

View Full Version : International Riding Helmets - Are They Still In Business?

alterknowbetter
Oct. 9, 2009, 12:15 PM
I guess the title says it . ..

I have tried contacting them (via phone) on a few ocassions over the last couple weeks. I have tried the 800 number and the non-800 number. Regardless of what number I try, I get an answering machine. I did leave a message and my phone number each time. I have not heard back from them.

So I am wondering if for some reason they are no longer in business? I would expect that they were sustainable in this market, but stranger things have happened.

Anyone have any idea?

HolsteinerMare
Oct. 9, 2009, 01:35 PM
They're definitely still in business. They actually just recently launched a new website. http://www.irhhelmets.com/

800-435-6380. Is this the number you have been trying?

shedllybip
Oct. 9, 2009, 05:29 PM
I have been buying helmets from International to sell in my tack shop for over 20 years. They NEVER return calls from the answering machine.

Riley0522
Oct. 9, 2009, 08:19 PM
Email them. They got right back to me that way.

ShadyLover
Oct. 12, 2009, 04:55 PM
I would also try e-mailing them. They seem to work better that way :).

ridinghelmets@optonline.net

PROTACKGUY
Nov. 18, 2009, 12:04 AM
Yes, definetly in business

FrmGrl
Nov. 18, 2009, 07:33 AM
Definately in business but they will not answer the phone before 930am EST. They dont return my calls or emails but I never have a problem reaching them after 930. Try the new number on their website. PS they only have two people working in that office. One does Intec and One does IRH. They answer the phones for each other but if they are both busy you may not get an answer or you may get someone from a different dept. like accounting.

NCtoCO
Nov. 18, 2009, 11:41 AM
I sent an email a few weeks ago to ask about their crash replacement program after I fell on my head in my schooling helmet. I received a response the same day that included the phone number and a request to call them directly. I called the next day, was directed to the correct person immediately, and everything was finished within a few minutes.

I sent them my helmet and I had a brand new one at my house within a week.

I was very impressed with their customer service. I hope that if I ever hit my head in one of my expensive show helmets, the people at Charles Owen will be as nice to work with for a replacement.