PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a barn near philadelphia

emilybemily
Oct. 9, 2009, 11:40 AM
I would love to hear any suggestions regarding barns where I could help out a bit and rid and possibly take a few lessons here and there. Because of my loans from law school, I am trying to avoid (at least at this point) spending a great deal on lessons or boarding costs.

My experience------During college and high school I evented at training level and was on the dressage team at Mt. Holyoke College. For the dressagae team, I believe we competed at upper training level and a bit of first level. I sold my horse after college and have since gone to law school and am now working in Philadelphia, hoping to get back into riding. In the last few years, I have also spent some time teaching little kids beginner riding and helping my uncle on his ranch in colorado train the 2 and 3 year olds.

Finally settled here in Philly and working as an attorney, I would LOVE to find a barn to ride at on the weekends. I will not be boarding, at least for a while, but would love the opportunity to ride, possibly help train, take a few lessons etc.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts or suggestions!