PDA

View Full Version : Training Three-Day Equipment List?

Kanga
Oct. 9, 2009, 08:37 AM
Anyone out there know where to find that list that had been printed up before (I think) by the USEA? I can't seem to find it on their website and I would like to have a good list to give to some of my students without "overwhelming" them too much with my "real" 3-Day lists. I think I had seen a simplified version recently here on the Chronicle.

Any information would be helpful!!

Thanks!

tle
Oct. 9, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'd be interested in seeing the difference just for my own education because a T3DE IS a "real" 3-day in terms of what you go through. I don't see why the lists would be any different to be honest.

Hilary
Oct. 9, 2009, 08:49 AM
I think the list was the same, too.

However, if you are well-equipped for regular eventing you don't really need that much extra stuff.

There were a few things I don't normally use:

Extra set of shoes with studs in them already.
Two extra wash buckets and three extra sponges and scrapers for a total of 4 sets. Usually I have 2 buckets and one sponge and scraper.
Extra set of galloping boots so we could strip off one set at the 10 minute box, wash the horse, and put clean boots back on.
Extra set of stirrups and leathers pre-set to my length.

Everything else I already have and bring along to a normal event. Because you're stabled for 4 days, though you end up needing to bring more food, more hay, more clothes for you and the horse (especially if it's wet).

asterix
Oct. 9, 2009, 09:46 AM
do a search. We JUST had a long thread about this, with links and all, a few weeks ago.

CookiePony
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:15 AM
do a search. We JUST had a long thread about this, with links and all, a few weeks ago.
http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=225251

Kanga
Oct. 9, 2009, 12:25 PM
Thank you Cookiepony, that was what I was looking for!!