PDA

View Full Version : Videos of my baby boy!

forestergirl99
Oct. 8, 2009, 06:30 PM
So this is my event prospect. I got him about 6 months ago. Awful back pain, terrified to be ridden because of the back pain, trembling in the X-ties, didn't want his mouth touched, and scared of a 2ft vertical. The word confidence was definitely not in his vocabulary. He has just come SO far, and I wanted to share some videos of his progress with you guys. :):)

2nd Ride (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEi91DhhUj0&feature=channel_page)

Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEDqJT4bhbQ)

I can't believe I got him for only $2500. I keep having to pinch myself to make sure it's real. haha.

Eventer55
Oct. 8, 2009, 06:58 PM
Ok I'm in tears. I get all choked up over things like this. Gorgeous horse, beautiful rider.

shawneeAcres
Oct. 8, 2009, 07:08 PM
REally amazing progress you have made, his whole shape has changed, and lovely mover and good jumper!

forestergirl99
Oct. 8, 2009, 07:36 PM
Ok I'm in tears. I get all choked up over things like this. Gorgeous horse, beautiful rider.

Aw. Thank you. :)

pony grandma
Oct. 8, 2009, 07:38 PM
WOW -- look at the difference in his stride! What did you do for his back pain? I'd love to see more of his trot now.

Before and afters really do show and tell a story don't they. This one definitely shows the bond that you have established with him. You deserve to be proud of him and yourself. Thanks for sharing it's not boring any of us!!

forestergirl99
Oct. 8, 2009, 07:50 PM
:uhoh:
WOW -- look at the difference in his stride! What did you do for his back pain? I'd love to see more of his trot now.

Before and afters really do show and tell a story don't they. This one definitely shows the bond that you have established with him. You deserve to be proud of him and yourself. Thanks for sharing it's not boring any of us!!

We aren't really sure. He hadn't been ridden in like a year except for a few times, and the woman said she used a western saddle on him. We are thinking that that was part of the problem because his back is definitely not built for a western saddle!! :no: He has BIG withers!! lol. Other than that we don't really know.

Thank you for your nice comments!

lovemyoldguy
Oct. 8, 2009, 07:50 PM
Oh WOW. Holy crap. He looks like a different horse in that second video. Really lovely!

Lucky_Break
Oct. 9, 2009, 04:00 AM
What a lucky horse to have found an owner who obviously loves him so much. He looks so much more confident and content in second video. Keep up the good work!

sunnycher
Oct. 9, 2009, 08:36 AM
Reminded me of my old boy 'silver'. Amazing transformation, and I must say, you live in heaven! We are out here in the desert. Thanks for posting that, you both look great.

jumpingmaya
Oct. 9, 2009, 09:48 AM
Wonderful job!!
It definitely show that you guys have a bond!
Like others have said: his shape has completely changed and his stride has opened up millions!
I think you guys are going to do wonderful eventing together!!! I wouldn't be surprised if he was the type to save your butt if you got in a bad spot!
Love his knees- super cute over fences :yes:

jen-s
Oct. 9, 2009, 02:09 PM
What a difference from the first video! You both look great and it's very evident how much you love each other! Nothing beats seeing a true partnership like that!!!!!!

dwblover
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:09 PM
Can I just say how much I absolutely LOVE that second video! Talk about a true partnership built out of respect and mutual trust. So lovely, made me smile, thanks for that!!:)

Junebugz
Oct. 9, 2009, 11:01 PM
What a difference! Absolutely wonderful! Gorgeous horse!

forestergirl99
Oct. 11, 2009, 12:10 PM
Thank you guys so much! You're comments really mean a lot. :)

tpup
Oct. 12, 2009, 06:14 AM
He's gorgeous and what a beautiful mover! I'm curious what the time frame is between the two videos and how old is he?

Also, what was his "workout plan?" Would love to know. Did you use a chiro or anything, or just change saddle and start work? Lungeing? Please share. And GREAT job!

forestergirl99
Nov. 21, 2009, 10:40 AM
He's gorgeous and what a beautiful mover! I'm curious what the time frame is between the two videos and how old is he?

Also, what was his "workout plan?" Would love to know. Did you use a chiro or anything, or just change saddle and start work? Lungeing? Please share. And GREAT job!

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this! I just now saw it. Woops!

The videos are 6 months apart, and he's 8 years old. He was 7 when I bought him.

His workout plan consist of jumping little stuff about 2-3 times a week combined with flatwork before jumping. If I want to work on a specific problem in his flatwork, then I just do flatwork for that day, or I work on it till it improves, and then go jump or hack in the fields depending on if he's tired or not. Once a week I have a lesson where we do flatwork, and jump bigger, more technical stuff.

For his back he was adjusted by a chiropractor......2 or 3 times. We also used Surpass on his back which is just a really good pain relieving creme. Kind of like super duty liniment.

We had to work a while on just getting him used to a saddle not hurting. I had to just lunge him for about a week with a saddle on to get him to relax about the saddle. When i did this I also left the stirrups down because it helped desensitize him more. The first few sessions he was snorting and bucking, and gradually that decreased to where he was pretty comfortable with the saddle.