PDA

View Full Version : Fair Hill. Who's going?

Jazzy Lady
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:03 AM
Me me me! I'd rather be riding, but I get to go anyway and spectate. Super pumped because I've never been before. I just asked my boss if I can miss a few days of work and he said "get out of here! You deserve a holiday and a change of scenery!"

Have I mentioned I have the best job and boss in the entire world?

Sooo... who else will I see there?

mjrtango93
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:07 AM
I will be there starting Weds at 6am, grooming the big grey wonder again. Pony left home yesterday so should get there Sunday or so, then I catch the red eye on Tuesday night.

North Dakota
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:12 AM
me me me! the pony and i are doing our first **! i'm just a wee bit excited!

tuppysmom
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:14 AM
I will be there. 2 horses and DD have been east for a few weeks. DH and I fly back on Sunday to help move them to FH and do all the groom stuff.

Then the long drive home. Not looking forward to that. I just hope the weather thru Wyoming cooperates this time.

yellowbritches
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:33 AM
Definitely will be there on Saturday and we're considering coming up on Friday for some dressage, too. Looking forward to it. One of my favorite weekends of the year!

Arcadien
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:18 PM
I will be there XC day. Anyone riding or connected someone, I am going to be trying out my new zoom lens on my Pentax, I'm not a pro but hope to get some good shots - anyway, if you want me to send you the pics for free just PM me your email & rider# before hand and I'll do my best! (I'm sure you'll get plenty of pics anyway but just thought I'd toss that out there).

I'll be bringing my 10 mo old Caucasian OvCharka puppy Beowulf, look for the lady with a hugmungous white fluffy 120 pound bear-dog on a leash if you want to say hi :) (note I'm brining an extra friend just for dog holding duties when I'm going to be taking pics, so it will be either me or my buddy with Beowulf)

Good luck to all riders & teams!

clivers
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'm doing my best to get there...not riding - though I do FINALLY have a sound horse to ride!!! yay!!!.
Fair Hill is beautiful. The course is spread out over a huge area of forests, fields, lots of hills etc and there is so much going on at the same time. There's a great trade fair, the dogs, do they still have the driving too? It's my second fav event of all time after Radnor (*sniff*).
Hope to see you there :)

scubed
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:22 PM
I will be volunteering Thursday afternoon and Friday morning (also shopping and spectating), then must sadly go to work meeting and will miss xc and sj

eloquence09
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:29 PM
I'll be there watching probably Friday and Sunday. I think I have to work saturday :( but I work right up the road from Fair Hill. If anybody needs a good sandwich stop by Nutter's and feel free to give me play by plays on the goings on on XC!

EventerAJ
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:30 PM
I'll be there riding in the two-star. I'm going without a groom, so I may need some help cooling out on Saturday after xc. PM me if you want my groom's pass!

Fence2Fence
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:32 PM
AJ, good luck at FH.

bdj
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:59 PM
I'm in the same boat as eloquence - gotta work on Saturday (just like last year...), but I'm hoping/planning to be there on Sunday to spectate. As long as the weather is good, I'll be bringing my big black hairy dog along (he had such a great time last year, I promised him we'd do it again this year!). I'll probably end up "parking" the pair of us on the hillside once we've made the rounds of the vendors so he can sunbathe, while I watch the sj rounds.

Best of luck to all of the COTH riders and grooms!

VWBug
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'm outriding on a chestnut white paint- come say hi!

bwills2
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'll be there! Volunteering in the vet box on Saturday morning. I usually can't go on the weekends, so I'm psyched to see more than just dressage this year!
Can't wait to shop at the trade fair and see some great rides!

deltawave
Oct. 8, 2009, 03:40 PM
Erika (my trainer) is aiming to go in the CCI***, but her Advanced horse might have gotten a hot nail just last week, so we're all FREAKING OUT. :eek: "Happy Feet" jingles would come in very handy. :)

I am giving a lecture that weekend and would LOVE to be able to bail, not only because the lecture preparation is proving to be a royal PITA, but because I'd really, really love to go to Fair Hill. :sigh: So I won't be there, but sure am hoping Erika and Jake will be. :yes:

NeverTime
Oct. 8, 2009, 03:45 PM
:( :( :( (((( sigh ))))) :( :( :(

But the swelling is coming down and he's walking as if he's not hurt, which speaks to his comfort level. He gets an ultrasound tomorrow to see just how badly messed up he is.

I want to go to Fair Hill, but I think I might be a very sour sport there, watching everybody else having fun.

circusponydreams
Oct. 8, 2009, 03:47 PM
Good luck, everyone! I'll be there Saturday, and maybe Sunday for sj if I get hooked in. :yes: That reminds me to see if they're still looking for volunteers.

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 8, 2009, 03:57 PM
i"m riding in the YEH Champ which is either Thurs, or Thurs and Fri or whatever as they can't seem to decide how to do it or what exactly the schedule will be
But also, I am going to spectate on Sat as a horse I bred ( Slate River ) is to do the ***!! Hopefully he will be there and I am really excited at seeing one of my babies get this far!

NeverTime
Oct. 8, 2009, 04:03 PM
Good luck, everyone! I'll be there Saturday, and maybe Sunday for sj if I get hooked in. :yes: That reminds me to see if they're still looking for volunteers.

I know they definitely still need volunteers for show jumping; especially folks to help put everything away after all the fun stuff is over.

retreadeventer
Oct. 8, 2009, 04:40 PM
Tuppysmom, I will be stewarding warm-up as usual, please say hi if you can.

Eventer AJ I have sent you a PM - may be able to send a pony clubber your way.

Didi, that is most exciting news about Slate River, I hope you get some good pictures! I will try and remember to get one in warmup. Also take a look at the entries link on the website and read Coldrens Corner, she's got details there about the YEH times and schedule, it looks like it's pretty much set for Thursday. I am hoping to get up there and get to watch Thurs. so maybe I can get some photos of you! Hope so! Good luck!

Anyone who is competing - for the three star we will hope to have a timer steward that is your very own, that will be able to give you your time updates as you need during your warmup, until you go across the road. Look for your pinney number - they will hold up a clipboard with your number on it. That is your timer and you can get any update from them. If you can't find them, just stop by our tailgate area!

Sorry not enough volunteers to do that with the two star, but hopefully next year we can.

And....grooms and riders.....if you are reading this.....please please please park your vehicles at the vetbox according to the direction of the St. Augustine Pony Club parking kids on Saturday, inform your grooms or anyone driving a vehicle down to the vetbox to turn in the first entrance on the left, do not go down the road toward warmup - we are going to try and avoid the congestion and danger of vehicles not getting to the proper places down Gallaher Road during the cross country day. Remember you cannot drive any further than the vet box entrance. The entrance road by the start box is CLOSED to vehicles, it is just too dangerous to guide the horses going from warmup to the start around vehicles trying to turn around and or park. I think everyone parks there when they walk the course, but on Sat. you won't be able to. No fit and ready horse and rider should have to dodge trucks and cars on their way to the start box of a major international two-star or three-star XC course!

If anyone has any other suggestions about that area please post or PM me.

St. Augustine Pony Club ROCKS. I have a load of great volunteers this year!

Fence judges and area stewards -- don't forget your flashlights for briefing! Remember it was dark last year and we couldn't see? With 80 some in the two star and 70 some in the three star I would be willing to bet we will have the O-Dark-Thirty Briefing again this year!

pegasusmom
Oct. 8, 2009, 06:07 PM
Not in the cards this year as the wheels sort of came off after a fabulous spring. Will be cheering the trainer and her horse on from afar - Stewie rocks!

Tuppysmom - good luck to DD - came back and visit here in the spring!

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 8, 2009, 06:17 PM
I'll be there at least Fri/Sat/Sun with Gary. Trying to get out of class for Thurs. This is my absolute favorite event. The time of year is great and I try to make it my mini vacation.

LexInVA
Oct. 8, 2009, 06:20 PM
It's not a mini-vacation unless you take Toppers and Rocky with you.

Meredith Clark
Oct. 8, 2009, 07:38 PM
I'm outriding on a chestnut white paint- come say hi!

Me too!!!! :D

This will be Juicy Pony's second big outing.. he did his own baby horse trial this past Sunday and now he gets to go see the big guys go around (i'm making him study and take notes).

I hope I get a good jump! I'll be the one having to get off my horse and run after any loose horses b/c my OTTB has vowed to never run fast again!

yellow rose eventing
Oct. 9, 2009, 12:39 AM
i'll be there... in the 3 star... melting down!!!!!!!!

retreadeventer
Oct. 9, 2009, 07:09 AM
Me too!!!! :D

This will be Juicy Pony's second big outing.. he did his own baby horse trial this past Sunday and now he gets to go see the big guys go around (i'm making him study and take notes).

I hope I get a good jump! I'll be the one having to get off my horse and run after any loose horses b/c my OTTB has vowed to never run fast again!

You'll be fine!
But it will be a long day so be sure to pad up your saddle well (can anyone say seatsaver?) and take your Advil!

ottb
Oct. 9, 2009, 07:40 AM
I'm outriding on a chestnut white paint- come say hi!that's that white horse that is brown on 1 side?

curlykarot
Oct. 9, 2009, 08:29 AM
Good luck yellow rose! You're gonna rock it!

I unfortunately won't be able to go and watch..... my brother decided to schedule his wedding for that weekend and its on a beach.... in florida.... with an open bar..... its gonna be rough :lol:

Meredith Clark
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:04 AM
You'll be fine!
But it will be a long day so be sure to pad up your saddle well (can anyone say seatsaver?) and take your Advil!

I've got plenty of "natural padding" :lol:

I survived fox hunting this winter so hopefully I'll be able to handle this, I practiced the other day chasing down a pony that kept dumping her rider and taking off.

Smufy3DE
Oct. 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
Its my first two star and my ponies! Super excitied.... I heard the CCI** was at least 9.5 minutes long, which is very long... wonder if anyone else has heard the same... every CCI** I have groomed at has been 8 1/2 minutes...

BigRuss1996
Oct. 10, 2009, 09:38 PM
YEA!!...I will probably see you out there at some point retreadeventer! Once again I am being pulled out to groom....only this year it's not the wild grey boy again !! I get the princess this year....should be very fun. We have two others in I think the ** . Going to be a busy weekend. The personal starters is an awesome idea... Thanks for the heads up...that will help alot!

Tuppysmom, I will be stewarding warm-up as usual, please say hi if you can.

Eventer AJ I have sent you a PM - may be able to send a pony clubber your way.

Didi, that is most exciting news about Slate River, I hope you get some good pictures! I will try and remember to get one in warmup. Also take a look at the entries link on the website and read Coldrens Corner, she's got details there about the YEH times and schedule, it looks like it's pretty much set for Thursday. I am hoping to get up there and get to watch Thurs. so maybe I can get some photos of you! Hope so! Good luck!

Anyone who is competing - for the three star we will hope to have a timer steward that is your very own, that will be able to give you your time updates as you need during your warmup, until you go across the road. Look for your pinney number - they will hold up a clipboard with your number on it. That is your timer and you can get any update from them. If you can't find them, just stop by our tailgate area!

Sorry not enough volunteers to do that with the two star, but hopefully next year we can.

And....grooms and riders.....if you are reading this.....please please please park your vehicles at the vetbox according to the direction of the St. Augustine Pony Club parking kids on Saturday, inform your grooms or anyone driving a vehicle down to the vetbox to turn in the first entrance on the left, do not go down the road toward warmup - we are going to try and avoid the congestion and danger of vehicles not getting to the proper places down Gallaher Road during the cross country day. Remember you cannot drive any further than the vet box entrance. The entrance road by the start box is CLOSED to vehicles, it is just too dangerous to guide the horses going from warmup to the start around vehicles trying to turn around and or park. I think everyone parks there when they walk the course, but on Sat. you won't be able to. No fit and ready horse and rider should have to dodge trucks and cars on their way to the start box of a major international two-star or three-star XC course!

If anyone has any other suggestions about that area please post or PM me.

St. Augustine Pony Club ROCKS. I have a load of great volunteers this year!

Fence judges and area stewards -- don't forget your flashlights for briefing! Remember it was dark last year and we couldn't see? With 80 some in the two star and 70 some in the three star I would be willing to bet we will have the O-Dark-Thirty Briefing again this year!

tuppysmom
Oct. 10, 2009, 11:02 PM
DH and I are flying from ID to MD tomorrow AM. DD and the 3 horses, (2 to compete at FH), have had a great time in Oxford, PA. The race horse farm where they have been for the past 3 weeks has been so wonderful. They have had a track, an uphill gallop, a horse swimming pool, nature preserve trails, and access to an indoor with jumps and all. Everyone there has been over the top about helping out. They have loaned cars, fixed the trailer generator, replaced a lost horse shoe, taken them to dinner, showed them how to get to the Bit of Britain tent sale, introduced her to many new friends, enabled her to buy another OTTB...... Oh wait, is that really helpful????

Anyway, we are looking forward to meeting up with our friends and supporters who will be there from Buck's County, and our friends from both nearby and far away states who will be in the cheering section.

Some of the race horse people from this barn are jump judging and also volunteering in other areas. That is soo cool! Some people from ID are also volunteering at FH!

Please come and introduce yourselves, we don't get to this area often!

retreadeventer
Oct. 11, 2009, 07:56 AM
OMG the BOB Tent sale! You had to remind me! Gauugghhh!!! I was hoping not to feed that tack addition THIS week....sigh....hey, don't forget to find me. I will be around on Thursday, too. See the PM! :)

pharmgirl
Oct. 11, 2009, 10:00 AM
I will be there Friday and Saturday. You will likely see me either with a camera in front of my face, or shopping in between rides with my friend who has a new horse that she needs to outfit :).

DLee
Oct. 11, 2009, 10:10 AM
Wish I could be there to root for the Idaho contingent!! Go Sara!:yes:

tuppysmom
Oct. 11, 2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone!

Sorry about the DS's horse Pegasusmom. A speedy recovery to all. We do hope to come back and visit next year.

Dlee, We'll wave as we drive thru Lexington a week from Tues. We will stop overnight in Bardstown so the horses can have a day to enjoy some bluegrass before the long drive.

Retread and all, thanks for volunteering. We could not have these great adventures without the great events and we all know that great events are great because of their great volunteer base!

Bigruss and everyone who has a horse, or more, in the event, have a great go!

Susan P
Oct. 11, 2009, 06:49 PM
I love to watch the cross country part, my favorite, so exciting. I am so close, just 5 minutes from my farm. One of my horses used to live there at the stables and he knows his way around. I love Fair Hill, and I feel so lucky to have such a fabulous space created for horses and horse sports so close. I think it is a real east coast treasure with open space disappearing so rapidly to development. The horse farms are shrinking, some people consider 2 acres horse farms around here now days.

EastviewBlue
Oct. 11, 2009, 07:51 PM
that's that white horse that is brown on 1 side? I'll be outriding on the grey paired with the chestnut and white paint. Our boys love visitors!

Meredith Clark
Oct. 11, 2009, 07:58 PM
I'll be outriding on the grey paired with the chestnut and white paint. Our boys love visitors!

How did you guys get partners already?? I hope I'm not out there by myself :no:

DLee
Oct. 11, 2009, 09:29 PM
I just saw that Deltawave's trainer is also riding on that lovely, lovely chestnut horse she has! :yes:

Susan P
Oct. 11, 2009, 11:25 PM
So is ND your name and where you live? I've been there twice and live in PA close to Fair Hill, MD. I do miss ND though.

me me me! the pony and i are doing our first **! i'm just a wee bit excited!

flyinghorse
Oct. 12, 2009, 05:41 AM
We will be there with our four year old in the YEH Championships! Here is a shot of him winning his Novice Division C Horse Trials Last month...he is such a cool horse!

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn22/Flyinghorse11/img057.jpg

His name is Feuertanzer ES...would love to meet some of you in person!

mosmom
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:16 AM
I'll be going all day Friday and part of Saturday. Stop on by to see the Horseplay on Saturday at noon. My oldest son will be playing the role of Prince Charming. It's a very cute show put on by a local 4H group.

VWBug
Oct. 12, 2009, 12:23 PM
MC- Eastview and I are friends and so last year we got teamed up together. I guess we're just ASSuming it will happen again this year. Look forward to meeting you!

I for one am bringing advil - I sure get stiff just from sitting there. It would be different if we got to ride around and keep those muscles warm. It was worse last year when they added the ** star. A much earlier start to the day too!

Ottb - From time to time I remind my dad about his description of Sully. He just shakes his head.

I guess it's time to start obssessively checking the weather forecast.

EastviewBlue
Oct. 12, 2009, 12:38 PM
MC- Eastview and I are friends and so last year we got teamed up together. I guess we're just ASSuming it will happen again this year. Look forward to meeting you!

I for one am bringing advil - I sure get stiff just from sitting there. It would be different if we got to ride around and keep those muscles warm. It was worse last year when they added the ** star. A much earlier start to the day too!

Ottb - From time to time I remind my dad about his description of Sully. He just shakes his head.

Ok, desperately hoping that we're paired together! Although, I will gladly spend the day with any of the riders!

I'm digging out my seat saver and a quarter sheet. It is a long day.

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 12, 2009, 01:05 PM
We will be there with our four year old in the YEH Championships! Here is a shot of him winning his Novice Division C Horse Trials Last month...he is such a cool horse!
His name is Feuertanzer ES...would love to meet some of you in person!

I'll be there with my 5 year old Muggle....(some one better than me is in the irons!). Not the best prep for it though....as he has had most of the summer off....and is very green compared to most of the other 5 year olds (and the reason why I put someone better than me in the irons)....but he should be fine.

He and his pasture buddy have been playing hard to so he is pretty rough looking! Looks like some tough competition in the 5 year olds....some really fancy horses. I'm just hoping my guy has a good time.

ETA: Weather forecast for the YEH and dressage doesn't look good....cold and rain both Thurs/Fri (high of 48 F) Doesn't sound fun....but might make things interesting for the youngsters. I would have rather had heat as my guy seems to do well with heat....cold might make him more tense.....and cold for the *** horses....might make some of the dressage rather entertaining!

pharmgirl
Oct. 12, 2009, 07:19 PM
Yes, the weather forecast is not looking good :no:. I am really hoping this will be one of those times where the forecast is wrong.

Meredith Clark
Oct. 12, 2009, 09:51 PM

I got an e-mail today about start time and food. Are you guys bringing saddle bags to keep your food in or what?

Also i'm assuming it's braids and formal attire again? I haven't doing outriding since before I went to college. What do we wear if it's freezing or raining?

LexInVA
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:27 PM
That sure doesn't sound enjoyable.

VWBug
Oct. 13, 2009, 05:49 AM
Saddle bags are a good idea. The last few years they passed out a nice lunch but it was in a paper bag with everything inside it wrapped neatly in zip-lock baggies and it was hard to get things out of the bags, hold the paper bag, eat, control your horse and blow your whistle!

They ask for braids and formal attire but sometimes you see horses and riders who fall a bit south of that, and no one is sent home. I have a thick wool jacket so I usually stay pretty warm and if it rains I'm sure they'll let us wear whatever we need to to stay as warm and dry as possible. I have Jo Ann's phone number if you need it let me know and I'll pm it to you.

SparklePlenty
Oct. 13, 2009, 08:09 AM
I got an e-mail today about start time and food. Are you guys bringing saddle bags to keep your food in or what?

Also i'm assuming it's braids and formal attire again? I haven't doing outriding since before I went to college. What do we wear if it's freezing or raining?

Gortex rain jackets... run to the local Golf store and buy some. NO JOKE.. otherwise you will be soaked to the bone and that's no fun. I'd let you borrow mine but i'm not coming. :(

have fun...i hope the weather holds out for you guys!!

Meredith Clark
Oct. 13, 2009, 09:50 AM
Saddle bags are a good idea. The last few years they passed out a nice lunch but it was in a paper bag with everything inside it wrapped neatly in zip-lock baggies and it was hard to get things out of the bags, hold the paper bag, eat, control your horse and blow your whistle!

They ask for braids and formal attire but sometimes you see horses and riders who fall a bit south of that, and no one is sent home. I have a thick wool jacket so I usually stay pretty warm and if it rains I'm sure they'll let us wear whatever we need to to stay as warm and dry as possible. I have Jo Ann's phone number if you need it let me know and I'll pm it to you.

:lol: Jo Ann was my riding instructor for 10 years.. she literally taught me up down trotting to how to read a dressage test and almost everything I know about horse management (there were many a cold indoor lesson practicing giving vaccines on poor defenseless oranges). I had e-mailed her but she hadn't gotten back to me yet and I didn't feel it was worth calling this early in the week.

There is no option for me about formal attire... I haven't gotten the "you're in trouble" look from her in years and I don't want to get it Sat if I show up looking like a slob!

I don't have a wool riding coat.. guess I better find something to keep me warm and dry that doesn't look a hot mess.

Sparkle- wish you were coming!!!

Reds-n-Greys
Oct. 14, 2009, 12:06 AM
Wishing everyone a safe and sunny weekend! :winkgrin:

I'll be helping at the briefing and with awards on Sunday - so I hope to see lots of you upclose!

SparklePlenty
Oct. 14, 2009, 07:33 AM
Sparkle- wish you were coming!!!

the nieces 2nd birthday is this weekend and i cannot get outta it. Send me pics!!!

good luck!!

DiablosHalo
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:02 AM

Outriders... If someone needs a waterproof quatersheet I have one you could borrow. Not sure of the size but it'll likely fit a 78" blanket-wearer. It's maroon and has a soft lining.

I also *think* I have one or two new Rambo ones- I also *think* they are waterproof. One is Navy. I'll dig them out of my trunks.

I also have two maybe three rain sheets - still new. The big square ones that go from ears to tail- not fitted ones. One size- maybe 86x90 or so.

Lets see- I also have an older Outback wax jacket. Most likely size L. I have a Mountain Horse jacket that is warm and heavy but it's made for riding and the back flap covers saddle.

Email me diabloshalo@yahoo.com if you need to borrow a sheet or jacket. I'm in Middletown, work in Glasgow, and can drive up to Fair Hill one day at lunch or after work to meet up with you. Maybe I can hook up with someone I know that will be there and I can give sheets/jackets to them and you can return them there as well. hmmm....

Arcadien
Oct. 14, 2009, 01:15 PM
Steady rain, 40's & wind, what fun! :-/

Still planning to come down with my camera (wrapped in plastic bags) but leaving the big fluffy dog at home - he would soon be a big soggy rat and his fluff turns in to frizzy spikes that make people laugh at him when he's wet, so he probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Gonna a be feeling for the riders this weekend - and you outriders, I think no one will blame you for going for comfort over formality in weather like this! I'll be one of the spectators willing to run to the trade fair to buy you more gore tex, fleece & rain sheets, if you want!

Arcadien, who took the day off when she saw the weather forecast for southern NJ - this is my last day to ride for the next 3 days, sorry office! ;)

VWBug
Oct. 14, 2009, 01:53 PM
Wow Diabloshalo - what a nice offer! My friend suggested trimming/rigging a shower curtain as kind of a quarter sheet and I might try to do that. This is going to be interesting.

EastviewBlue
Oct. 14, 2009, 02:31 PM
It's going to be an uncomfortable outing, but still totally worth it. I'll be packing rain sheets and jackets for us! Multiple layers of waterproofing!

Thank you for your offer, DiabloShalo!

Ajierene
Oct. 14, 2009, 04:02 PM
Well...I was thinking about dragging my man out to spectate, but I am not sure I can convince him to come out into the rain. Not to mention, I have been freezing this week, let alone adding rain into the mix!

retreadeventer
Oct. 14, 2009, 04:17 PM
Outriders... If someone needs a waterproof quatersheet I have one you could borrow. Not sure of the size but it'll likely fit a 78" blanket-wearer. It's maroon and has a soft lining.

I also *think* I have one or two new Rambo ones- I also *think* they are waterproof. One is Navy. I'll dig them out of my trunks.

I also have two maybe three rain sheets - still new. The big square ones that go from ears to tail- not fitted ones. One size- maybe 86x90 or so.

Lets see- I also have an older Outback wax jacket. Most likely size L. I have a Mountain Horse jacket that is warm and heavy but it's made for riding and the back flap covers saddle.

Email me diabloshalo@yahoo.com if you need to borrow a sheet or jacket. I'm in Middletown, work in Glasgow, and can drive up to Fair Hill one day at lunch or after work to meet up with you. Maybe I can hook up with someone I know that will be there and I can give sheets/jackets to them and you can return them there as well. hmmm....

L, I go right past your farm in Middletown tomorrow - Thurs - and will be in WARMUP on Sat. am. perhaps I could pick up any that are needed and pass them out from the warmup to any outriders needing them? And they could return to me there, and I'll drop them off on my way home Sat. Best pm by 8pm eastern tonight as I will be up to FH early Thurs - or call me, L, you may have my number - Mere, too -

Arcadien
Oct. 14, 2009, 04:19 PM
Well...I was thinking about dragging my man out to spectate, but I am not sure I can convince him to come out into the rain. Not to mention, I have been freezing this week, let alone adding rain into the mix!

Being committed to coming with my camera, I will take plenty of pics accentuating the cold & the wet, and post them so everyone can feel the discomfort of being there later, without actually experiencing it. GRIN.

BeverlyAStrauss
Oct. 14, 2009, 05:18 PM
We will be there in the vendor area (over by the trailers) with dogs for adoption, MidAtlantic Horse Rescue and Paws for Life items including the Friends of Twilight horseshoes, and our popular used tack sale- including quite a number of brand new red size 82 stable rugs from Schneiders, red fleece sheets, lightly used white Dans feed and water buckets, unopened DMG-5000 tubs etc etc etc (thanks to Fox Hill Farms)- all priced to sell!

Come say hi!

Meredith Clark
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:16 PM
I can't believe the weather :no:

So OutRiders... are you still wearing formal attire? I really don't want to wear my nice dress boots if I'm just going to be sitting in the rain, I have nice fleece winter ones that would be much better!

Are you going to bring a sheet and drape it over the horse (and you?).

The only other time I outrode it was beautiful!

I do know one thing.. thank god I didn't sell my Wintec, I'd hate to have to use my nice leather saddle in this weather!

LexInVA
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:00 PM
*jingles for Meredith*

SparklePlenty
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:12 PM
*jingles for Meredith*

:lol:

{{Jingles}} It's outta love.. :winkgrin:

Ajierene
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:03 PM
Being committed to coming with my camera, I will take plenty of pics accentuating the cold & the wet, and post them so everyone can feel the discomfort of being there later, without actually experiencing it. GRIN.

You are to kind to us who are...um...unable to get there....prior commitments...something....

mbj
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:06 PM
Good luck all!Hope Muggle keeps his cool in this cool weather. What a bummer for all the fit babies...and probably a number of fit been-there-done-thats! Well at leat there will be less heat fatigue.

Meredith Clark
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:08 PM
*jingles for Meredith*

I have this sinking feeling that anytime you respond to one of my posts you're making fun of me.....

Meredith Clark
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:10 PM
:lol:

{{Jingles}} It's outta love.. :winkgrin:

and I know you're making fun of me!!!

I'm going to send jingles out to all the riders who will really be working hard this weekend :yes:

LexInVA
Oct. 14, 2009, 11:01 PM
I have this sinking feeling that anytime you respond to one of my posts you're making fun of me.....

I do believe that tonight was the first time I've ever responded to anything you have said. :(

Meredith Clark
Oct. 14, 2009, 11:04 PM
I do believe that tonight was the first time I've ever responded to anything you have said. :(

:lol: well then.. carry on.

retreadeventer
Oct. 14, 2009, 11:19 PM
Pix from tail end of first jog
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee158/eventhorses/FHI%202009/

LeightonFarm
Oct. 15, 2009, 06:06 AM
Thoroughbred Placement and Rescue, Inc. the non-profit, created by Leighton Farm to rescue and transition thoroughbreds off the racetrack will be there all four days.

Guests who will appear at our tent are John Adams, retired jockey and winner of over 1,000 races. He will appear with racing tack and ready to answer your questions. Sam Allan who is riding in the competition and Michael Cooney, Irish steeplechase jockey.

In addition, we will be raffling off a roll top jump at $5 per ticket.

Giving away cd's on retraining ottb's and golden horsehoes.

We'll also be holding a raffle for a muck basket of horse goodies for $1 per ticket. Goodies include an Oster brush set, wool night sheet, pocket clippers, custom canvas and leather tote bag, and much more, valued at $300.

You can go to http://www.leightonfarm.com/news_&_events.htm to see pictures.

All proceeds benefit Thoroughbred Placement and Rescue, Inc.

Please come by and visit!!

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 15, 2009, 07:09 AM
I am so bummed about the forecast. I have been going to FH since 2001 to watch the CCI*** and this is the first year I can remember where it will (probably) rain on XC day. I've sat through some crappy dressage days, but never Saturday.

SparklePlenty
Oct. 15, 2009, 07:42 AM
and I know you're making fun of me!!!

I'm going to send jingles out to all the riders who will really be working hard this weekend :yes:

yes yes.. but remember this is coming from the person who withdraws after dressage when it's raining. :lol: Just remember what a great friend i am.. :cool::winkgrin: