PDA

View Full Version : Poplar Schooling Show

greyiscute
Oct. 8, 2009, 08:33 AM
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here is going to this, if they are, are they xc schooling, and if so, could I potentially go out with someone on one of mine? (whew, long question!) I'm riding three in the show, but only schooling one (BN-T) and I'm trying to save my friend's feet who is coming to groom for me. I just feel weird heading out there by myself!

I'm not sure how scheduling will work, since one of mine I'm just doing straight dressage with (which will be last), but I am hopeful!

Thanks!
Susan

teamwallace
Oct. 8, 2009, 10:37 AM
I am going and will have a couple of students there. We are going to school xc and I am riding two, have one doing just an 1star test and and intermediate test too. You are more than welcome to join in!

FLeckenAwesome
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm going too, but will be schooling Friday afternoon instead of Saturday afternoon. If you want to come out then, there will be a group of about 4 appies :) You can't miss us!

Foxygrl516
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:43 PM
I'm going... I'm curious about the schedule though. I show jump at 1:38 and signed up to xc school. I have a function I have to be home for that starts at 5, so planned to do SJ, then grab my vest and go out and school so I could get back in time. But it shows they are having XC rounds for ameoba and tadpole til almost 3:00...??? Does that mean we can't school til then? If so, that's gonna put a real dent in my schedule for the day. :/

Hopefully it'll be a fun day. I entered to compete on my new horse who I am *really* excited about. She is really nice and SO much fun! She came up lame this week (sunday actually. Ya know, the day after closing? haha) and so I switched the entry to my awesome Jelly-man. No biggie, he's done it a million times. But he's a real pistol and had only been ridden twice in 2 months bc I've been in England! So he's getting a few quick reminders this week and then off we go! If you wanna see a rodeo, come by the dressage ring around 11:01! lol :D Should be interesting!

greyiscute
Oct. 9, 2009, 09:46 AM
Well, after seeing the schedule and the reality that I am riding 8 times, pretty much every 45 minutes to an hour (why did I decide to bring thee horses again?! how do the pros do it?!?), all day long, I think I am going to skip the xc school. I won't be able to go out 'till 4 or so, and the horse I was going to school likes to jump about 3 feet over the required height, and I'm not so sure I will be able to hang on that late in the day (he's never schooled before and is sure to be extra exuberant....)

So yeah, be on the look out for a crazed looking girl on a bunch of looney bins in tadpole, novice, and second level!

But thanks for the offers! See you all tomorrow!