PDA

View Full Version : Seeking ride for horse from New England area to GA

wolfmare
Oct. 8, 2009, 04:35 AM
My daughter is a working student for the Pollards in Chatsfield GA., and has been separated from her 10 year old gelding for many months. She is having difficulty saving shipping fees on a working student stipend. Is anyone heading down that way with a empty slot that would like a little extra $$? I have listed it on the USEA ride share. I am in Maine, but can meet in New England area.
Please help if possible, she is a dedicated, hard working young woman who really needs her horse.
Thanks,
debora

RunForIt
Oct. 8, 2009, 08:56 PM
I'd keep bumping this thread up over the weeks in the next couple of months. There ARE some COTHers who are in your area and will be going to either Aiken or through GA to FL. You may have to arrange some "transfers" from one trailer to another, but this may work.

Your daughter is very, very lucky to be with the Pollards...do hope she is reunited with her horse very soon. :cool:

RiverBendPol
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'm going to Aiken but I'm sending my boys on the bus so I can carry hay. No point in buying $12 hay in Aiken when my barn is full of yummy home-grown. If I hear of anyone, I'll let you know.

wolfmare
Oct. 9, 2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys, I will keep it fresh. They will be at Loch Moy this weekend and can meet up with anyone heading down that way!

JER
Oct. 9, 2009, 12:51 AM
I think I met your daughter a couple of weeks ago when I was at the Pollards' visiting my mare. :)

If she's looking for a good learning experience, she's certainly in the right place.

I<3Sleepy
Oct. 10, 2009, 10:54 AM
Debora! I met up with Tanya briefly at Paradise HT a couple weekends ago, but we never got a chance to really catch up. Remember Carrie & Sleepy from HHF? HEYYYY!! =)

I'm so excited that she's working for the Pollards and getting so much experience! I'm hoping to get her over to Athens where I live soon as she's done traveling ;)

Hope all is well back home in Maine :D