PDA

View Full Version : Special Announcement - Thoroughbred Celebration Fall Horse Show

nostirrups
Oct. 7, 2009, 04:15 PM
Mr. Rodney Jenkins will appear as a guest judge on Sunday, November 22, 2009, alongside Mr. Clyde Poarch, to judge the $1,000 Hunter and $1,000 Jumper Stakes classes. For more information on this show, go to: http://www.horsecenter.org/classlists/Thoroughbred%20Show%20Fall09.pdf

BAC
Oct. 7, 2009, 05:00 PM
I love the idea of a competition showcasing OTTBs, I hope it is a great success.

janedoe726
Oct. 7, 2009, 06:51 PM
How cool!!

NEHunter
Oct. 8, 2009, 07:24 PM
This is great! If one looks at the pedigree of most warmbloods the TB is a major component. TB's are wonderful horses and should be highlighted.

sm
Oct. 21, 2009, 06:35 PM
how cool is this!

North American Thoroughbred Society will also be sponsoring two silver trays (one each) for the stakes classes. Need not be a NATS member to win.

wolfatbay2002
Oct. 22, 2009, 02:05 AM
oh how I wish I was closer. Some days I wish I was back on the East coast.

open front boots
Oct. 22, 2009, 02:07 AM
oh how I wish I was closer. Some days I wish I was back on the East coast.

i know exactly what you mean, i moved from NY to NV and i totally miss it when i hear about stuff like this..

Wedonit
Oct. 22, 2009, 09:00 AM
I am so glad this great idea is turning into a series. :D

We are sponsoring the Hunter Style Award again.

War Admiral
Oct. 22, 2009, 09:03 AM
How AWESOME is this!!!!

How exciting to show in front of Rodney Jenkins!!!

Wowza!!!

Very very cool. Figures I don't have a TB right now. :(

MIKES MCS
Oct. 22, 2009, 10:15 AM
I would LOVE to get a show like this going here in Michigan .. I know we have so many circuits even if we could get ONE show case Hunter Classic and Jumper classic it would be great, at say Traverse City... HINT HINT

Lkramer
Oct. 22, 2009, 10:34 AM
It would be more appealing if the fences were bigger and there was more prize money involved, but I like the idea.

see u at x
Oct. 22, 2009, 11:11 AM
What a great idea. Are non-raced, registered TBs allowed to enter? (Sorry if I missed that part when reading the sheet.)

War Admiral
Oct. 22, 2009, 11:24 AM
It would be more appealing if the fences were bigger and there was more prize money involved, but I like the idea.

That would be the only downside that I can see. It would be cool to make those 2 jumper stakes be over The Big Stuff! :yes:

b.noxious57
Oct. 22, 2009, 11:36 AM
Love this idea! Wanted to go to one that was over the summer, but my horse wasn't ready. Now I'm the one that's not ready, but I'll see if I can come and do the lower jumpers anyways. Very cool!

Mara
Oct. 22, 2009, 11:46 AM
What a great idea. Are non-raced, registered TBs allowed to enter? (Sorry if I missed that part when reading the sheet.)

They all have to have a Jockey Club tattoo, so the way I read it is that they at least have to have been in training on the track.

see u at x
Oct. 22, 2009, 11:58 AM
They all have to have a Jockey Club tattoo, so the way I read it is that they at least have to have been in training on the track.

Gotcha...thanks! :)

luvs2ridewbs
Oct. 22, 2009, 02:51 PM
I think the jumps are low because they are trying to showcase horses that are recently off the track.

inquisitive
Oct. 22, 2009, 03:25 PM
This sounds neat! I might try to get down there with my gelding :)

MIKES MCS
Oct. 22, 2009, 03:56 PM
Mr. Rodney Jenkins will appear as a guest judge on Sunday, November 22, 2009, alongside Mr. Clyde Poarch, to judge the $1,000 Hunter and $1,000 Jumper Stakes classes. For more information on this show, go to: http://www.horsecenter.org/classlists/Thoroughbred%20Show%20Fall09.pdf

Are they accepting any donations of prizes for the classes .. If so I would like to donate. I can't get down there But I sure woudl like to support this in some small way if I can , a Cooler or Halter ect.. for a specific class ???

TooManyChickens
Oct. 22, 2009, 04:27 PM
They have a silent auction, which I donated a custom painted portrait to at the previous show. I'm sure they would love to have as many donations as possible, and of course, the monies go to help the TBs :)

I'll hopefully be there with my green bean, I'm so excited to show him indoors!

tidy rabbit
Oct. 22, 2009, 04:37 PM
I might make the trek. This sounds like it would be a great venue to get my TB gelding back into the jumper ring in a fun environment after being out for a year.

Anyone in Ohio interested in going with me? I have a 3 horse trailer and would be happy to split the gas with someone else who wants to go.

I love the VA horse center and haven't been there since 2001 and this would be a great escape.

chaser74
Oct. 27, 2009, 08:11 AM
I was told, by the organizers,TBs do NOT have to be tattooed. They must have raced, or been in training at the track. If they are not tattooed, there must be some verifiable proof they were in training. I have a letter from mine's trainer, plus photos of him at the track. The organizers tell me that will be fine.

Hope that helps--and hope to see lots of you there!

Mukluk
Oct. 27, 2009, 09:36 AM
How cool is that. I wish they had one on the west coast as I live in CA.

FlyingSwap
Oct. 27, 2009, 10:42 AM
We will be there!!!! I'm so excited to take my green bean gelding!! He's been kicked around a lot---8 years old and our farm is his 13th home. He seems to really like his job as a hunter-in-training! I'm so excited that there's a horse show just for him--great prizes, etc, like an A show, but no biggie if we are still getting simple changes, etc. Great idea, can't wait to support it---and if by some miracle we qualify for the classic---OMG!!!!!!!! Showing in front of Rodney Jenkins!!!!!! HOW COOL!!! :-D We can't wait.

Mali
Nov. 13, 2009, 10:16 PM
I see the note on the last page of the prizelist about a "triple crown series" - does that mean there is a spring/summer/fall show? My 3yo is just starting crossrails, so this will be a great series for him next season! Any idea what the entries are like for these shows, as far as quantity?