PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell saddles?

joharavhf
Oct. 7, 2009, 12:03 PM
I'm sure this is a common subject but I'm wondering where I can sell 2 higher end saddles? I've looked at the classifieds here and it looks like we can only post items up to $1000, whereas both of these saddles would go for at least that! I'm trying to avoid the consignment shops because I want to keep as much money as I can :)

THANKS for any thoughts!

Sparky Boy
Oct. 7, 2009, 12:12 PM
http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/

www.tacktrader.com

joharavhf
Oct. 7, 2009, 12:19 PM
Thank you!!!!!

Carried Away
Oct. 7, 2009, 12:38 PM
I have had a lot of luck with Ebay! Sold at least 3 and bought several others that were higher-end. Having to pay a fee to Ebay and Paypal stinks, but IMO it's the quickest, most efficient way to sell saddles.

Good Luck!

Hilary
Oct. 7, 2009, 01:00 PM
Trumbull Mtn was very nice to deal with. I had 2 saddles and one sold pretty quickly and the other did not. But they were great.

TBROCKS
Oct. 7, 2009, 01:05 PM
www.fineusedsaddles.com
I just sold my Prestige CC saddle through them. Patricia was very helpful and works hard to get your saddle sold.

Auburn
Oct. 7, 2009, 02:44 PM
I had my high end County for sale on tack trader and other sites, with no luck. I did sell my Wintec Isabel on there. I took it to The Tack Trunk for four months. They had several very low offers, which I did not accept. I decided to start taking it to horse shows and putting up flyers. The first show to which I took it was the KY Classique. I sold it there. :D:D:D

Also, you can go to your local USEA Area web site and post it there.

asterix
Oct. 7, 2009, 03:24 PM
I sold two County saddles on tracktrader -- the more expensive one took longer but not too bad....

luise
Oct. 7, 2009, 05:36 PM
I just sold my Vega monoflap jump saddle. I had posted it on equine.com, tacktrader, and equinesite.com, as well as the Area 1 and Area 2 websites. All the responses I got from equine.com, tracktrader, and equinsite.com were either scams, or people not really serious. In the end the ads on the area 1 and 2 websites generated the most genuine responses, and I was able to sell it that way. I ended up taking less than I was asking, but I was sick of owning it and just wanted to sell it!